By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Developers HAVE Natal Kits, but no Sony Wand kits...

NJ5 said:

I'm skeptical that either Microsoft or Sony will have significant motion-controlled titles to release in 2010... maybe some Wii ports, some simple casual games or some old games with tacked-on motion controls (such as Burnout).

Maybe not third party...but perhaps in-house stuff.  I think Nintendo has clearly illustrated the benefits of having this stuff done in-house, until others can get onbaord.  The key point I was trying to make was that Natal is not a concept, but an actual product.  I think it's very possible that M$ will deliver on the Natal Xbox in 2010, albeit with a Wii Sport type product.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Munkeh111 said:
Why would you want THQ making games for your platform anyway, I can't think of any good games that they have made.... but things aren't looking great for an amazing motion controlled line-up in Spring 2010

Red Faction and Saints Row are the only two I can think of...

Score for Both...Red Faction is  a freaking AWESOME game!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

Misleading title. The fact is THQ has Natal dev kits and not Sony kits. Other devs apparently do have Sony dev kits (actually invalidating the title as written).

Can we please see some effort to be factual rather than trying to make overt points?

Sure some have said Natal is vaporware, and news that THQ has a dev kit refutes this. But there's no need to erroneously have a title stating devs do not have Sony dev kits - essentially going 'so there! its Sony's wand that's vaporware'.

The actual quote is quite clear. THQ would appear not to have been selected (so far) as a developer Sony wants to get the kits first. Apparently limited availability and a desire to seed developers who can bang out something for launch is the reason.

Sounds to me like neither is vaporware and sounds to me like both MS and Sony are choosing who gets the kits first (as other info indicates not all devs have Natal either).

Guess what, sometimes they're not choosing the same devs to get the first kits.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
Misleading title. The fact is THQ has Natal dev kits and not Sony kits. Other devs apparently do have Sony dev kits (actually invalidating the title as written).

Can we please see some effort to be factual rather than trying to make overt points?

Sure some have said Natal is vaporware, and news that THQ has a dev kit refutes this. But there's no need to erroneously have a title stating devs do not have Sony dev kits - essentially going 'so there! its Sony's wand that's vaporware'.

The actual quote is quite clear. THQ would appear not to have been selected (so far) as a developer Sony wants to get the kits first. Apparently limited availability and a desire to seed developers who can bang out something for launch is the reason.

Sounds to me like neither is vaporware and sounds to me like both MS and Sony are choosing who gets the kits first (as other info indicates not all devs have Natal either).

Sounds reasonable!

heruamon said:
Reasonable said:

Sounds reasonable!

Sorry if it sounded like I was having a go, because I do understand the OP is responding to a lot of other baiting.  But never allow yourself to be dragged down to lower levels of behaviour is my motto (well, unless you simply have no choice!).

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
Reasonable said:
heruamon said:
Reasonable said:

Sounds reasonable!

Sorry if it sounded like I was having a go, because I do understand the OP is responding to a lot of other baiting.  But never allow yourself to be dragged down to lower levels of behaviour is my motto (well, unless you simply have no choice!).

Nope...you're 100% correct, I should have stated THQ, rather than developers...point taken!

So, as it can take years to make a game and devs are only starting to get dev kits for Natal and Sony dildo-thingy (shape to be finalised) we can assume all that will be ready for 2010 launch will be mini-game compilations and WSR archery rip-offs?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

My guess is sony will release it on summer 2010. However, Sony is a company built on tradition and how sony tradition goes: we don't support our peripherals. Their motion control will have very few games and all will be raw. Hence, people will be putoff and by the time support comes around (I think sony eventually will support this device unlike everything else) for the sony wand, natal will come in and never allow interest to build for Sony.

I'm glad to see this however. Many people on this site hate MS and were so scared of Natal they called it vaporware. Obviously like I said, it isn't and many devs have it. Wether devs also have sonys motion control i don't care for. The point is that people like Malstrom which I called out for being such a fanboy, (idk why people regard him as fair) are proved completely wrong.

I want apologies from all the people that defended him and attacked me for it.

Why SOny... why did you have to get into this motin sensing crap? Maybe if they would have sticked to making hardcore games and Natal would underperformed then they had gotten the better momentum... Natal already has tons of hype behind it and Sonys wand has no chance to compete with it when it comes to sales IMO...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!