By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FINAL FANTASY XIII day 1 buy or not and which system ?

The Fury said:
LordMatrix said:
kratos17 said:
i think the only people that will buy ff13 for 360 is the people that dont have a ps3
but then again most 360 owners are shooter fans and love their daily dose of halo 3

sorry if i sound like a sony fanboy but its just my take on this subject

Wrong! Owner of all 3 systems and I'm buying it on X360. I know plenty of people that will buy this game on X360 so your statement is fanboy nonsense especially when you started rambling on about how  all X360 owners are die hard shooter fans. There are plenty of good Racing games, Fighting games, RPG games and Action/Adventure games along with alll them Shooter games.

Calling someone a fanboy because of the general presumption by public that the 360 is a 'shooter' console is fanboy nonsense, you infact sound more fanboy then kratos17. Any gamer knows that tne 360 has many great games, of all types and genres but general public don't know this. The orginal X-box and it's sequal are known as shooter consoles in the UK to many, as evident by news articles for last years E3 when the BBC did a feature on it and talked about the NXE. You know what wasn't even mentioned in that news report? the FFXIII announcement.

We are the online gaming community are not the general public so obviously know more on the subject. I'm sure while on this site, we are mostly going to buy it for the PS3, general gamers who don't grace internet forums probably own only 1 console, more own the 360 then the PS3 in the US so more will probably buy the game for that in the US.

Anyone that has taken a good look at the X360 library that even has half a brain knows it isn't just a shooter fans console. To say only shooter fans will buy an X360 while it is known as the RPG king this gen is laughable. PS the general public are idiots when it comes to gaming oh and if someone chats in gaming forums they themselves likely are not ignorant and should know it is more than just a shooter console. Case Closed! BTW I could tell by how you responded to me that you are no different then Kratos in many ways. Oh and FYI the PS3 is just as much a shooters console this gen as the X360 is.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network

Probably ... and on PS3. Unless 360 version has nice extras. the fact that lead platform is PS3 makes me lean that way.

I'll probably get it at launch. I've never played a FF before and figure I should see what all the fuss is about.

On PS3.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I am most likely getting it and it'll be the PS3 version.

No day 1 buy for me. Ill wait till it goes in the bargain bin for like $20 and then ill get it for X360.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Around the Network

I'll be the first in my local chain to pick this one up for my PS3. I will be non-existent to the outside world for 2 weeks after its release...

"In the end, you're always on your own."

~ Squalll Leonheart

First EU day. PS3, most naturally.

I'll buy this day one, and I will ask for the eBay seller to ship it through Fedex fastest shipping mode, I don't care to pay 120$ for it since i can have it in the first 3 days after realese.

sapient said:
Probably ... and on PS3. Unless 360 version has nice extras. the fact that lead platform is PS3 makes me lean that way.

PS3 was the "lead platform" on Ghostbusters, too.  :P

1 DISC. PS3.