By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Evidence points to SE new game being saGa IV

Lol, I didn't realize they changed the genre. That sucks then.

But still, they are announcing games for the HD's and they arent announcing anything for the Wii. I still believe Nintendo moneyhated to get DQX and they wont get anything else by SE's own desire. I also still believe SE dislikes the Wii and will not get close to it. I hope I can get proved wrong, but 3 years into this gen and nothing but a 2012 game announcement? That's not encouraging at all. Meanwhile all the consoles are getting the games and Wii owners are still waiting for that day to come, the day SE will announce a Wii game (which will probably happen after DQX launch in late 2012).

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

FFCC:CB was long agreed before the Wii was even launched. FFIV is just a cellphone port and DQX is 2012.

Look, the only announcement made since 2006 was DQX, so if they are getting their most important franchise and NOTHING else, it most probably means it was moneyhated, like SO4 was probably moneyhated too.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

SO4 was surely a moneyhat by MS, there's no logic in making it X360 only out of free will.

DQX? easily chosen because they wanted the biggest userbase. DQ fans would buy the game even if it came out on the SNES.

@Xen: DS's userbase is bigger plus the fanbase will already be there and development costs would be cheaper. Makes no sense for them to be making it for the Wii.

Besides, it was all a very strange happening, as the announcement appeared out of nowhere and even almost a year prior to DQIX's release, and at a time when Wii was starting to die in sales. It was a big amount of money being poured to secure the exclusivity, most probably, since Nintendo needed something to convince hardcore players from not abandoning the Wii. Even the picture with Iwata and the heads of SE is too obvious. Smelled like moneyhat from any part of the universe.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
@Xen: DS's userbase is bigger plus the fanbase will already be there and development costs would be cheaper. Makes no sense for them to be making it for the Wii.

The same logic says they should go for Wii over HD consoles, you do realize. <_<  Especially since they could then pull a Wii-PSP-PS2 if they were really desperate, and obviously, their combined install bases utterly crushes the HD ones.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89
Around the Network

@jefforange: That's why they are still putting their main games on portables. The HD consoles are getting smaller games, but Wii isn't getting any games at all. There's a big problem there. If they want to kill home console gaming then they are doing it the right way. It's their fault anyways, I know I will be present the day they finally sucumb to all the stupid decision they have been making.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

I don't think DQ X is a moneyhatted game, but I do have the feeling Nintendo did sometthing to convince SE to announce it this early

Well in terms of SE games SaGa series is down there with Drakengard... Of course that game was only published by them, but still...

DS is stealing all wii support. western orientated/graphic intensive games go HD. wii should be getting the japaneese oreintated games that dont require top graphics. But DS has shown itself to be much better at selling those games so thats where SE puts them. wii support will start to rise once the DS starts to fall

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia