By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My PS360 Collection as of 6-24-2009. What gem(s) am I missing? Recommend

fadetoone said:
nordlead said:
If you are a "serious hardcore gamer" I suggest you get a Wii. Your missing some of the best games ever both on the Wii and virtual console.

As the owner of a Wii, I cannot agree with this statement.  :D

As a real gamer, I can't agree with anyone thinking it doesn't have any worthwile games.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
nordlead said:
fadetoone said:
nordlead said:
If you are a "serious hardcore gamer" I suggest you get a Wii. Your missing some of the best games ever both on the Wii and virtual console.

As a real gamer, I can't agree with anyone thinking it doesn't have any worthwile games.

As a serious hardcore gamer I agree with this statement and your previous one,  I just wont buy it because of the controller.

Halo Wars & Viva Pinata xD

They look like a bunch of pokemon cards laid like that.

seece said:
Halo Wars & Viva Pinata xD

They look like a bunch of pokemon cards laid like that.

Heh, I'm thinking of doing something similar now.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

nordlead said:
fadetoone said:
nordlead said:

There is difference between a "Real gamer" and a "Hardcore gamer".

Hardcore gamers won't touch the Wii. The Wii is the least hardcore console ever made. Nintendo agreed to this themselves when they said they have given up on the hardcore gamers when they created the Wii. I guess they gave up Hardcore gamers because they came last two generations in a row. (Dreamcast dropped out early)

Some of the games Nintendo are developing can play themselves for fuck sake.. I prefer the old Nintendo much more.

Around the Network
kiefer23 said:
nordlead said:
fadetoone said:
nordlead said:

There is difference between a "Real gamer" and a "Hardcore gamer".

Hardcore gamers won't touch the Wii. The Wii is the least hardcore console ever made. Nintendo agreed to this themselves when they said they have given up on the hardcore gamers when they created the Wii. I guess they gave up Hardcore gamers because they came last two generations in a row. (Dreamcast dropped out early)

Some of the games Nintendo are developing can play themselves for fuck sake.. I prefer the old Nintendo much more.

Are these the same hardcore gamers that buy casual games like Madden, GTA, Call of Duty, Halo, and Guitar Hero?

Besides, you could also argue that the Wii is the most hardcore console simply because of Virtual Console.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

nordlead said:
fadetoone said:
nordlead said:

I didn't say that.  I agree it has some worthwhile games or else I wouldn't have it.  Best games ever though? Maybe a couple.

outlawauron said:

Are these the same hardcore gamers that buy casual games like Madden, GTA, Call of Duty, Halo, and Guitar Hero?

Besides, you could also argue that the Wii is the most hardcore console simply because of Virtual Console.

Madden, GTA, CoD and Halo are casual games now?  I'll give you Guitar Hero.

Yep,  your a typical core/franchise gamer alright. (NOT HARDCORE).  Your not missing any of the expected its gonna sell game and their acompanying sequels.  So, just wait till the next "Same game New number" comes out. Only thing in that pile says "I'll try something different is EA's Mirrors Edge....

Lets get things straight.. (Kiefer23) The " Game boy system and Game boy brand (hint) most played at home and on the go system and sells "CONQUERS ALL !!"  PERIOD!!! Ninetendo always had the lead. Ps2 was close but not close enough, "nice try/run though".  The DS is catching up (FAST)..    20.2 mil systems world wide made profit for Nintendo.  22mil system world wide and Microsoft is still paying for graphic chip contract (Great Micro soft Established itself as a home console brand with Halo Leading the charge)  Core guy = one maybe two systems, plays games he like and similar games he likes.  Hardcore = (if you can afford)  has all systems, plays like core guys but has ability to play more than core stuff and trys different games to EXPAND his HARDCORENESS.....Fanboys suck the most.

Uncharted, LBP and Motorstorm PR.
Demon souls IS A MUST. Import it in English from Asia. USA release date is fall 2009.
Is the best action RPG this gen in my opinion. Better than Oblivion/fallout3/witcher and sacred 2 combined.

Folklore is also the most hidden gem this generation. The true delight of it is its atmosphere and filosophic and mystical story.