By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gametrailers: The Conduit Review

I think people are looking at these reviews too closely.

Sure, I would have liked to have seen more consistency in judging the story for ALL FPSes if they will judge this game fairly for it but let the prettier FPSes go, but I have learned since the beginning of this gen to just stop caring about these reviews.

If we have learned anything from these past couple of days, it is that reviewers are not professionals. Faaaaar from it. At best, they are somewhat educated fanboys who have figured out how to cash in on their gaming habits and trick people into thinking that they know what is best for us.

For me, personally, I will just see reviews to make sure a game isn't broken and just rely on a few selected, brave customers who jumped in and seen personally how the game really is...

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

Around the Network

I have no idea why the story is being criticized so much, nor why it's being docked so many points for it. I, for one, have found it somewhat interesting, which is more than can be siad for most other games, FPS's especially.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

Game is cool, been playing quite a bit today

_RKO_ said:
SaviorX said:
7.8 isn't bad at all; only .2 away from an 8, which is negligible.

However I agree, looking for a story in an FPS is like looking for water in the Sahara Desert. You won't find a good amount.

Half-Life, Bioshock, System Shock, The condemnded games, Fallout 3, etc

Everyone else I know (except me) just skips all the cutscenes in shooting games. "What do I need a story for? Give me a new gun &*^$@"

I wish I could say I make this stuff up.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
_RKO_ said:
SaviorX said:

However I agree, looking for a story in an FPS is like looking for water in the Sahara Desert. You won't find a good amount.

Everyone else I know (except me) just skips all the cutscenes in shooting games. "What do I need a story for? Give me a new gun &*^$@"

Then you've got one hell of a stereotypical group of peers. I've never once met even a halo 3 player who skips cuts in the campaigns.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
Orca_Azure said:
Shadowblind said:
Vanversive said:
shokenchi said:
gamers play games for fun, not story.

guess im not a gamer then.

Neither am I, apparently.

Seems I'm not a gamer either.

Me neither >.>

I'm about 2/3rds in, and say so far I give it a 8.5. If it wasn't for the AMAZING controls I would have given it a 7.5.
My thoughts.

The graphics while pushing the wii, are ugly. Really Ugly. The only thing that looks nice imo is anything that uses shaders, such as water, gun fire, and explosions. The environments are still bland. The characters with a few exceptions look nice though. Having said that, from a technical aspect this is one of the best looking wii games.

The controls are amazing like I said before.

I wasn't expecting too much from the story, but it is nice.

The gameplay reminds me of an older shooter. Similar to the first half life, or a quake game. Basically you kill things get health, and move on. It is very linear which is something I look down upon, but since this is a pure action game I'm not going to complain. The weapons are what really makes this game fun for. I love the weapons, and how there seems to be an enemy for each one. For example the shot gun is more effective against the flying bug things, and the orange energy gun that the drones use(I forgot what is it called) is actually effective against the drones and humans. Most human weapons don't do too well against the bigger enemies imo. So the gameplay is something that I like a lot, and I actually like it more compared to the newer format other shooters go by.

What really makes this game shine for me is the online. To be honest, I have only played two matches with random players, and about 20 with a friend who just got the game. The online is so fun and fast paced with the great controls. I see myself playing this a lot more than I would play the online of HD console games(due to me hating the controls). I would play PC games online but I have not many friends with PCs to play with. It is probably my favorite online wii game so far.

Anyway I plan on finishing this in a few hours and will probably adjust my score a little depending on the last few levels.

I might get this game tomorrow.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

Shadowblind said:
SaviorX said:
_RKO_ said:
SaviorX said:

Then you've got one hell of a stereotypical group of peers. I've never once met even a halo 3 player who skips cuts in the campaigns.

Then I hope you can sympathize with how difficult it is to own a Wii in this environment as well. I never hear the end of it. "Wii is for babies blah blah blahno shooters....." And no, to them The Conduit doesn't count. "You are just shooting bugs like The Samus Game, enlighten me." As a matter of fact, God could have created a Wii game himself and it wouldn't count. Nothing counts.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Why do people play FPS, to shoot things.
Why do people play ERPGs, the story

Should I dock JRPG for having a seriously shitty generic old archaic combat system? With random encounters? all that get in the way of a story? no...

So why would I dock and FPS for it's story. Halo1 story sucked. It wasn't even about the war. It was a modified alien zombie shooter. yay that's fun.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.