By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FTC cracking down on blogger payola

NJ5 said:
@ironman: I can use a very similar argument to the one you just used to show why false advertisement is defrauding people of their money... however, I think my previous posts are already explanatory enough so I won't repeat the same points.

I would very much like to hear that argument, because so far, I havn't heard anything that has not been countered.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network

@ironman: You totally ignored the post where I talked about false advertisement, and just established a false distinction between "physically robbed" and ... something you didn't even state.

Do you think false advertisment is a bad thing or not?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
@ironman: You totally ignored the post where I talked about false advertisement, and just established a false distinction between "physically robbed" and ... something you didn't even state.

Do you think false advertisment is a bad thing or not?

Yes, I do think false advertisement is bad, however, with the amount of information that is so readily available in this day and age, I don't believe it should be regulated. The market will iron those wrinkles out, if a company is producing an inferior product, the market will react by not purchasing that product, and the company will eventually go out of business. Besides, the false advertisement laws are to easily bent, there are no absolutes, it just depends on what judge and lawyer you get.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!