By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Retailers Demand PSP Price Drop

do retailers do this often? I have never heard anything like this before.

Around the Network

ioi - it is the PSP-lite The info was announced by a european sony rep I think. Nothing is known about it yet.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

do you have a link kwaad?

they never really dropped the PSP's price, they just got rid of the Value Pak crap. I really hope they redesign it to resemble a GBA SP because then i may be able to justify trading in my current model. Bottomline is that while the PSP is selling decently, it definitely needs a shot in the arm to generate consumer faith, which is what it is seriously lacking.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

The PSP isn't selling bad.... sure it's not winning but its definately not bad... they should shut up.

Around the Network

Kamahl said: The PSP isn't selling bad.... sure it's not winning but its definately not bad... they should shut up.
Don't retailers have a right to be angry if a company promises the moon and then botches up a great product? BTW, the Sony rep only mentioned that they are looking at upgrades for the PSP, he never explicitly said they had a "PSP lite"

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Kamahl said: The PSP isn't selling bad.... sure it's not winning but its definately not bad... they should shut up.
yes, it does sell ok.

It's selling ok but retailers what something that's going to sell great, think about they need all the space they can get with the DS,PS3,Wii, and the 360, because they are all selling better.

Alacrist said: It's selling ok but retailers what something that's going to sell great, think about they need all the space they can get with the DS,PS3,Wii, and the 360, because they are all selling better.
The psp outsold the PS3 last month. Check the numbers.

Death2009 said: Alacrist said: It's selling ok but retailers what something that's going to sell great, think about they need all the space they can get with the DS,PS3,Wii, and the 360, because they are all selling better. The psp outsold the PS3 last month. Check the numbers.
Jupp, that´s true but the PS3 didn´t sell well in February either... the problem is that the less selling system often has shorter legs than the better selling one. So if DS and PSP numbers both go down in a year or so developers will focus on DS maybe...