By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 5 - Best Console Graphics!!!!

Welcome to my top 5 best Graphics list, I'm sure you'll agree that on average, most games now look quite incredible, however I'm sure you'll agree - these chosen games push the boat that much farther, with graphics that have bewildered us no end.
Note all the games listed here have been released.
#5: Gears of War 2
This game looks fantastic, the textures are some of the best I've seen this
generation, character models are beautifully detailed, and so are the
environments. The effects might be lacking, things like bullet decals and sparks
are 2d sprites, and it does take a while for textures to load up online but
other than that, game looks and moves great.

#4: Resident Evil 5
Brilliant character model work, fantastic animations, this game looks fantastic, and is in my opinion the best looking multiplatform game out now, not only are the characters well detailed, but so are the environments and special effects. Thus earning this the #4 spot on the list.
#3: Metal Gear Solid 4

I'm sure gamers are well aware of this game's achievements, picked up multiple "Best Graphics of the Year" awards when it was released, MGS4 is a fantastic looking game, with some of the best character models in the industry, not only do they look great, but they also move great. Sure some textures here and there are pretty low-res, but the overall look of the game adds up to a fantastic looking product, It's one of the best looking games out there, and earns the 3rd spot on the list.
#2: Uncharted:Drakes Fortune
The screenshots speak for themselves, this game looks incredible, Naughty Dog said they set out to show us what the PS3 can do, and boy did they impress, Never has a game looked so clean and crisp. the hand-painted textures are incredibly high fidelity, and the attention to detail is second to none, the animation blending and warping technology makes for smooth cinema quality animations. When you talk about interactive cinema block-busters, this is the game.
#1: Killzone 2
"CGI Movie in your hands" that's the way I'll describe this worthy winner, Guerrilla Games and Sony promised a game that will truly, truly show us what the PS3 can do, and I think this game lives up to their promises, from the gun models, to the effects, to the character models, to the environments, to the screen effects to the animations, this game oozes CGI quality, boasting truly jaw-dropping graphics, this is the only console game that seems to actually hold it's own against the PC behemoth Crysis, with hundreds of fully dynamic lights all casting real-time shadows, 3d geometric particle effects that bounce off walls and collide with the environment, Ambient occlusion, a vector based lighting model, parallax occlusion mapping, and even real-time ray tracing all used in this game, there's no competition when it comes to the technical beasts of the console graphics category. This is the winner pure and simple.
When it comes to graphics the ps3 is on another level, top 3 ps3 exclusive. Sony Leader Approves

<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/gears2goty/omar7700.swf" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

Around the Network

Only possible on the PS3

where's uncharted 2 or is this just a list of all ready relased games.

Gintama is the funniest show EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proud owner of all currnet gen consoles.

I not a big wii fan

Okita the sadist.

Uncharted should not be at #2...it really looks good, but not enough to get to #2

I think Metal Gear Solid is too high, I'm not even sure if it belongs in a top 5. Yes, the game is awesome, the character models are great but the game definitely isn't on par with Uncharted, Gears and Killzone.

Killzone is easily number one, but the other three are very close.

Around the Network

This list is rather obvious, even from you.

RE5 is definitely #2...im thinking this thread really is Megaman2 fav top 5 games...not top 5 graphics

I dont think gears should even be on that list..

RE5 looks very good as well

mM
leo-j said:
I dont think gears should even be on that list..

RE5 looks very good as well, and im guessing those that are saying Uncharted 2 shouldnt be #2 havent seen the e3 gameplay or the newest trailer..

Uncharted 2 isn't released yet. Only Uncharted is on the list.

I think I'm the only person on earth that thinks that RE5 doesn't looks that great.