By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Wii and DS make strange noises...

Whenever my Wii plays certain games (MySims and RRR currently), a constant, loud clicking and beeping emits from the drive that can be heard over the noise of a game. Is this normal? Does it need fixed?

My DS clicks whenever I shift weight (I mean my hand) on or off just above the left speaker. The sound volume from that speaker varies from loud to quiet when I do this. Does it need fixed?

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network

I hear strange noises coming from my parent's room every night, kinda like that?

But seriously, you have some bad luck with your consoles. Both my Wii and DS work perfectly. ;)

Game_boy said:

Whenever my Wii plays a game, a constant, loud clicking and beeping emits from the drive that can be heard over the noise of a game. Is this normal? Does it need fixed?

My DS clicks whenever I shift weight (I mean my hand) on or off just above the left speaker. The sound volume from that speaker varies from loud to quiet when I do this. Does it need fixed?

The Wii is most likely fine.  What game do you notice the loud clicks during?  I played Scarface for awhile on my Wii and it does some nasty things to that drive.  I'm not sure why that game was allowed to be released in the state it was in.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

MySims and Rayman RR, primarily during loading screens. Coincidentally, or perhaps not, they are the only third party games I have.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Yeah those two make a lot of noise especially MySims. I guess your Wii is fine.

Around the Network

It's the two consoles talking to each other about being so far ahead of the competition.

DarkNight_DS said:
Game_boy said:

Whenever my Wii plays a game, a constant, loud clicking and beeping emits from the drive that can be heard over the noise of a game. Is this normal? Does it need fixed?

The Wii is most likely fine. What game do you notice the loud clicks during? I played Scarface for awhile on my Wii and it does some nasty things to that drive. I'm not sure why that game was allowed to be released in the state it was in.

You are SOOO wrong.  My Wii made the exact same noise.  Your Wii will work for awhile, maybe 6 months, maybe longer.  Eventually you'll start getting cannot read disc errors and you'll have to send it away for repairs, which is free if you're still under your 1 year warranty, they even cover shipping.

Issue is the disc drive is faulty and is slowly killing itself.  I posted a thread awhile ago about my Wii being broke, getting my replacement, and my replacement was broke too :P  Guy at Nintendo was shocked when I called back.  He and everyone he knew NEVER had that happen before. 

Game_boy said:

Whenever my Wii plays certain games (MySims and RRR currently), a constant, loud clicking and beeping emits from the drive that can be heard over the noise of a game. Is this normal? Does it need fixed?

It's because of My Sims.  I don't know why but this game has been really bad programmed. (too much loadings, screen freezes while loading....)

Game_boy said:
MySims and Rayman RR, primarily during loading screens. Coincidentally, or perhaps not, they are the only third party games I have.

Ok... that is normal...  Rayman also makes a loud noise while loading for me and was a big complaint most people had when it first came out.  This is due to sloppy disc layout.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

rendo said:
DarkNight_DS said:
Game_boy said:

The Wii is most likely fine. What game do you notice the loud clicks during? I played Scarface for awhile on my Wii and it does some nasty things to that drive. I'm not sure why that game was allowed to be released in the state it was in.

You are SOOO wrong. My Wii made the exact same noise. Your Wii will work for awhile, maybe 6 months, maybe longer. Eventually you'll start getting cannot read disc errors and you'll have to send it away for repairs, which is free if you're still under your 1 year warranty, they even cover shipping.

Issue is the disc drive is faulty and is slowly killing itself. I posted a thread awhile ago about my Wii being broke, getting my replacement, and my replacement was broke too :P Guy at Nintendo was shocked when I called back. He and everyone he knew NEVER had that happen before.

Yes... no system is perfect.  Your problem is not the same as everyone else's.  So unless you work for Nintendo and deal directly with these things I doubt you can speak for 100% of every issue people bring up dealing with the disc drive.  If his or mine do need taking care of at some point, we'll know when the disc read error pops up.  At the moment though he is talking about games with sloppy disc layout.