By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are the PS3 owners really excited about L4D2??I mean seriously look at this

NightDragon83 said:

LOL... so the consensus of OP and most PS3 owners is that L4D sucks because it has underwhelming graphics that most PCs circa 2004 can run (mine included).

Hey guys, in case you haven't noticed... amazing graphics =/= amazing sales.

Wii said hi, and Uncharted and KZ2 both flipped him the bird!

Who in this thread was even talking about sales? this thread is about if ps3 owners are looking forward to l4d 2 ohh and btw my response to the bolded is high sales=/= better.

Around the Network
cura said:
badgenome said:
cura said:

However, I know that some 360 fanboys would be devastated if the game came to ps3...just look at the posts from the other thread!

Examples? The biggest fanboy I saw in that other thread was you.

I could name names but I won't for obvious reasons. Mind you, it doesn't take much to scroll through the thread to see who would be just a little bit cut if the game made its way to ps3.

I think you need to get a perspective, nobody would be devastated.

i'd have to wait for reviews on l4d2 but i still need to get the first one

Nothing but a listing on EA's site. Nothing confirmed. But I could care less. I read, and looked alot at the first one, and it looked very mediocre.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

soulsamurai said:
Just get it for PC it plays a lot better.

Annnnndddd this thread goes to soul, well done.

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
TheThunder said:
yes they do and I'm one of them. Not all PS3 owners are pixel counters you know.

1 day buy from me if this is true and the port is good with solid framerate.

Shouldn't be a problem... the 360 version was solid, with the exception of Survival mode when multiple tanks and special infected along with endless hordes of zombies all want in on the action at the same time.

I really don't understand why EA's port of The Orange Box was so shoddy... shame because that was probably the best bang for your buck so far this generation!

yeah I have L4D on my 360 although I never got that far in survival mode to see many tanks lol

It's a great game. I prefer L4D with it's shitty graphics more than Gears 2 with great graphics.

about the port. I think back then EA didn't quite plan to port and rushed through the game to make it in the Holiday season (or what was left of it anyway) that and the matter that PS3 programming back in 2007 was somewhat unknown and hard but this time around I think EA have plans in advance and they got more experience in programming for the PS3. Hopefully it will be good port and a good game in general.

XxXProphecyXxX said:
NightDragon83 said:

LOL... so the consensus of OP and most PS3 owners is that L4D sucks because it has underwhelming graphics that most PCs circa 2004 can run (mine included).

Hey guys, in case you haven't noticed... amazing graphics =/= amazing sales.

Wii said hi, and Uncharted and KZ2 both flipped him the bird!

Who in this thread was even talking about sales? this thread is about if ps3 owners are looking forward to l4d 2 ohh and btw my response to the bolded is high sales=/= better.

My post was just commenting on the fact that OP and some other posters shit on L4D2 because it wouldn't exactly be pushing the PS3 hardware in the visuals department, and I found that to be quite humorous.

And since they seemed mainly concered with the game's visuals, I merely pointed out that 2 of the best PS3 exclusives, both in terms of visuals and overall quality, didn't exactly set sales records at retail, so they shouldn't be so quick to judge L4D2 based on screen shots alone... alot of people made that mistake with the first game, and they missed out on amazing co-op experience.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Mirson said:

What are you trying to say? PS3 owners are graphic whores or something? This game is going to suck because it doesn't match Killzone 2 or Uncharted's visuals?

Welcome back btw.

thanks ,,,no cause the graphics are close to black from Xbox era ;).

TheThunder said:
NightDragon83 said:
TheThunder said:
yes they do and I'm one of them. Not all PS3 owners are pixel counters you know.

1 day buy from me if this is true and the port is good with solid framerate.

Shouldn't be a problem... the 360 version was solid, with the exception of Survival mode when multiple tanks and special infected along with endless hordes of zombies all want in on the action at the same time.

I really don't understand why EA's port of The Orange Box was so shoddy... shame because that was probably the best bang for your buck so far this generation!

yeah I have L4D on my 360 although I never got that far in survival mode to see many tanks lol

It's a great game. I prefer L4D with it's shitty graphics more than Gears 2 with great graphics.

about the port. I think back then EA didn't quite plan to port and rushed through the game to make it in the Holiday season (or what was left of it anyway) that and the matter that PS3 programming back in 2007 was somewhat unknown and hard but this time around I think EA have plans in advance and they got more experience in programming for the PS3. Hopefully it will be good port and a good game in general.

Amen to that!  Although I loved Gears 2's campaign, the multiplayer sucked except for Horde mode, and once my friends and I completed that, we never went back to it.  L4D, while it can get boring and repetitive solo, is always fun with 4 people.  I agree that this time if EA does release the port, there shouldn't be a problem with it... only thing that might suck is PS3 owners might not get the same updates/DLC that the PC/360 versions get.

And yeah you need to last at least beyond 4 minutes (bronze medal) in Survival mode before you start seeing multiple tanks... usually around the 5-6 minute mark you'll get one tank and shortly after that another will spawn, so you need to take the first one down quick, lest you be stuck to deal with 2 tanks simultaneously, and that's never a good thing lol!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

never played the first one. but if it really does come to ps3 i will get it.