By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Colbert Mocks Project Natal, ( Debuts New Xbox X )

Colbert Mocks Project Natal, Debuts New Xbox

Microsoft's Project Natal has been getting some of the best mainstream coverage to come out of E3, thanks to "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" and, now, Stephen Colbert. He mocked the tech last night during his "Bears & Balls" schtick.

But The Colbert Report's teasing of the Xbox 360 motion-control camera tech wasn't the most earth-shattering portion of last night's episode. Nor was it the show's assertion that video games are more addictive than chocolate covered meth cigarettes. It was the debut of the "next next generation" of Xbox technology, the X-Xbox, a device that requires no controller, no screen and no console. Amazing!

No new hardware coming, eh, Microsoft? We can see it with our own two eyes. Can't you?

Colbert's dig at Project Natal is after this—if you're living in Hulu and Comedy Central-approved territories.

Thanks to everyone who tipped us off about the episode, but I make a habit of watching The Colbert Report every morning as part of my pre-Kotaku posting warm up.

The Colbert Report - Thursday, June 18, 2009 [Hulu]
The Colbert Report - Thursday, June 18, 2009 [Comedy Central]

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

i saw this last night it was funny

lmaoooo! i like his shows hes pretty funny

lol, i like colbert.

Around the Network

It's what he does. He gets paid to mock things.

And soon, any kid with the skill to ride a skateboard...won't have to ride a skateboard. LOL Priceless. Motion Controls (from all 3) can suck it..even though Colbert was showing blatant sarcasm...or was he?

Akvod said:

Wow that's awesome!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

That skateboard comment left me laughing for a while.

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends

Lol, awesome!

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.