By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Ps3 sku being refferred to in AD: aslo RUMOR new sku unveil next week ?

http://www.bluraysavings.com/

The new SKU found at the FCC is now listed on the flyer for the 5 Blu-ray disc offer...shouldn't be long now then

Has CECHG01 listed as a PS3 that is eligible...that is the one at the FCC right now.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8030589&postcount=365

PS3 60go+ PES 2008 = 449€ (15 novembre)
PS3 40go+ BR Spider Man 3 = 399€

A poster at neogaf is reporting that a 40gb SKU with Spiderman at 399 will be announced next week in France. This is going to be great for Europe they need a price cut over there.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8030589#post8030589

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Around the Network

PS3 DOMINATION!!!/ lol j/k

But in realism terms, if they do announce a 40gb model, then I really think it will explode ps3 sales. Maybe like this in the holidays ps3>360!

mM

Dont know how much that proves really but it seems a new sku is coming to the US.

A 399 Euros SKU release does not translate to a $399 SKU in the US. Prices of PS3s in Europe are significantly inflated compared to the US: the UK's £425 ($850) 60GB model technically makes Sony a profit. This could just be a price correction.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

I wonder whats so special about this one.. but the FCC has a few other SKUs that never was released listed (60GB/20GB with no EE/GS). Really I think the new SKU is nothing more then minor changes to the hardware to cut costs and electric bills. Putting in a 40GB HDD is practically pointless.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Some people on internet (french site Xbox360 and PS3 without anything official) are saying that something will be announced the 12/13th october.

it is about the 40gb model
without some USB port (all ?)
without retrocompatibility
without memory card slot (?)
price : 399$

they also mention a PES 2008 bundle,
no price mentionned.

EDIT : if it is true then october+november+december PAL territory :

PS3 > Xbox360.

EDIT II :

they also say, there maybe some stock limitation/avaibility for the bundle/new sku. 

Time to Work !

sweet its immenent

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

""This could just be a price correction."""

==> it is a price drop or at least a new entry price with a new sku.

THAT IS ALL.

the only thing that count here is the consumer side.

Note : it still strange to make a price drop or introduce a new sku just after the BigBoss saied "no price drop"

Time to Work !

This is going to be announced first in france? Thats kind of cool actually. Even though the PS3's biggest market will always be the U.S., Sony is doing its best to make it a global brand.

Whats going on is that sony is loosing europe to micro$oft. They do not want to lost them like they did with the U.S. Once they release it or if they release it their and it likely becomes a sucess. Then they will release it in the U.S and maybe even japan. Hopefully it doubles ps3 sales everywhere.

Japan 20k

Europe 60k

U.S 80k

mM