By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Conduit Sales Prediction

40k-60k first week
700k LT

Around the Network

The Conduit will have an underwhelming opening, half of this site will freak out, and there will be at least five threads calling it a bomb or failure. It will continue to sell at a slow burn via word of mouth, out of the spotlight, and should end up somewhere around 1m in lifetime sales before all is said or done. We've seen this over and over again with Wii games. This pattern is so routine, I can even predict which posters on this website will be the ones spinning damage control and which ones will be waving the "bomb" label around.

It all gets so tiresome sometimes, yet there's no other good way to see what's going on in the market, unfortunately.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Between 500,000 - 1,000,000 over the first year.

Blacksaber said:
MontanaHatchet said:
The game received a lot more attention and hype than inFamous? Where, on the internet? I've seen commercials for The Conduit (seemed a lot like a movie trailer, kind of cheesy). I see The Conduit as the sort of game that's sales potential has been distorted by internet hype. It won't have nearly as big of a launch as some people expect, but it will have great legs.

There's a demand for shooters on the Wii. This has been shown with Red Steel, Call of Duty 3, Resident Evil 4, Call of Duty: World at War, etc. However, since shooters aren't a big genre on the Wii, it takes longer for one to grab sales than it would on the HD consoles. Word of mouth will really help The Conduit.

I could be way off, but I'm going with:

First Week: 85k America, 35k Others, 120k Worldwide

Lifetime: 1.3 million

You pretty much hit my prediction on the head only thing diffrent is I think it will have 10k more in the US first week...

This. I think that more than 150k worldwide would be splendid.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

I'm guessing 125k US first week and 50k Others. I think it will sell better than the downers try to say, but I don't think it is going to rise to heaven. Some of the signs are pointing to good sales (not talking amazon ranks, they mean nothing). This will easily outdo MadWorld and House of the Dead.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network
Aiemond said:
I'm guessing 125k US first week and 50k Others. I think it will sell better than the downers try to say, but I don't think it is going to rise to heaven. Some of the signs are pointing to good sales (not talking amazon ranks, they mean nothing). This will easily outdo MadWorld and House of the Dead.

Okay, such as? I'm just curious.

MontanaHatchet said:
Aiemond said:

Okay, such as? I'm just curious.

I did a tarot readin on it :P

No, just kidding. I think the advertising push is one sign, it has a good commercial, shown alot, to a good target demographic. The other signs really don't mean anything (seeing it out of stock a couple places, hearing anecdotes of sellouts from people), I admit, but I guess I have a gut feeling. But, I don't have anything concrete. Sorry to make you think I did.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

I predict 120-180k week one but I really hope this game sells big time and I think it's going to happen cause everyone knows the potential good wii games have in sales by the millions of mkw's sold and ssbb sold and those are good games and so is the conduit it's actually a step beyond these 2 great wii games and last time I looked cod:ww sold 1.9million and compared to the 360version the game is a joke on wii its 8players on 360 I know its much more player and the maps are bigger on 360 + there are vehicles on the 360 version and there isn't any on the wii version plus dlc no dlc on wii and all kinds of awasome dlc on 360 the wii's cod5 was a ps2 port and alot of real wii fps fans know this and I know alot more people who were waiting on the conduit then cod5 so I didn't hear all that much excitement about ppl wanting to buy cod5 but I probably heard just as much if not more for the conduit then MARIO CART WII hopefully this game will show just how much every 3rd party company has neglected almost half of all the video game fans there really is........... the 1st 3rd party company that didn't shit all over every wii owner and sega is guilty of there ps2 ports two............

lifetime sales I don't see any less then 1million cause cod5 is definitely getting put on the discount rack after today the conduit is going to shatter that game in sales and this is going to set the bar where it should have been set a long time ago, in reality I can't see this game coming to a stop for about a year or so this is going to sell and i think I'm going to get a good discount by selling my moh2 heroes and my cod5 to gamestop............

Well The Conduit is having a much large marketing campaign than that of Madworld and HotD: Overkill. Got prime spots in almost all large Nintendo events, continuous marketing on media sites, continuous marketing since March in Gamestops, and of course a lively commercial marketing a week before its release. It's pretty much been in gaming news solidly for a little over a year with few breaks.

But my issue, is how much of that will get to the mainstream. It's there for the loyal followers of the system and they will pick it up first week. But afterwards is where I'm skeptical. Could end up being like Madworld on a larger scale. But for what I can judge right now here are my predictions.

First Week: 150k-250k
End of Year: 600k-700k
Lifetime: 800k-1 million

I'm still kind of skeptical on this one but it has the potential because the marketing campaign has been very good. Even before Sega got tacked on, this has been very well marketed. Got to give kudos to HVS for that. And then kudos to Sega for picking it up and sticking with it and Nintendo for picking it up as a premiere Wii game. Let's hope it blows away my predictions and really takes off because of it.