By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 2007 AFL grand final

well, another AFL season is over, with the Geelong cats absolutely pulverising the Port Adelaide Power, 163 to 44.

geelong were the best team all year, but i dont think any one expected the #2 team to lose quite so badly.

its geelongs first premiership win since 1963, having lost 5 grand finals since then. and well port, you sure embarrased South Australia.

any fans out there? thoughts on the game? i still cant believe the final margin 

Around the Network

I always had a feeling Geelong would win, though not shatter the highest winning margin for an AFL grand final. Personally, I think the Geelong vs Collingwood game played last week would have made a better Grand Final.

yeha, i had a feeling geelong would win. im not a fan of either team, but i just cant believe how big the margin was. yes, the collingwood geelong game last week was good. the last two grand finals were awesome, so close. but i personally got bored by half time in this one. (crows fan btw :P) but geeling really deserve that win

I don't mind Geelong too much. I remember watching them getting beat in Grand Finals as a kid to teams I didn't like so much. Even when the legend Gary Ablett matched the most goals kicked in a Grand Final, they still lost to Hawthorn.
Still, they did Victoria proud today, after the origin state hasn't held the cup since 2000.

yeah, geelong are my fav vic team. its funny u say that, cos i remember their grand final loss to hawthorne as a kid. garry abblet was my favourite player back then. it did get to me a bit that vic finally got the cup back :P. u know, old SA Vic rivalry

Around the Network

what is AFL?

You Spoony Bard!

Australian Football League. It's the premier league for Australian Rules Football.

The AFL Grand Final is the largest domestic club championship event in the world, according to attendance figures.

meh, I don't really care for AFL at all.

I was actually driving during the grand final, and was wondering why the roads were so empty... =)

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Geelong deserved it more. Still woulda been cool to keep the cup from the Vics for another year though. I think the whole of Victoria were baracking for Geelong to get the cup back lol.

And it was funny how everyone hated Tredrea. What a duche bag bowing to the crowd in the Kangaroos match. My second cousin dates him haha.

omgwtfbbq said:
meh, I don't really care for AFL at all.

I was actually driving during the grand final, and was wondering why the roads were so empty... =)

You should have seen the clips of the Geelong streets that were coming live in the middle of the game, all of the streets were completely deserted

I have to say, with a scoreline like that, it was a really crap grand final, not exciting at all