By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Mass Effect 2 Thread

Munkeh111 said:
kergeten said:

So I'm like downloading mass effect 2 right now, too bad it's 14 gigs and going real slow.

Why are you downloading it? Can you not wait a week and get the legal copy so Bioware can get some money, and we can go some way to help EA avoid going bankrupt

Would you be willing to spend a quarter of your monthly salary on a game? Rather that getting it a week earlier and for free? I thought so, where I live if you're a gamer you're either a pirate or you have some serious priority issues. If it makes you feel any better I don't buy games period, and if my salary doesn't get higher than a tenth of those in the western world, I probably never will.

Around the Network

Rather than stealing you mean?

Yes, yes I would.

This game may well have cost them $20-30 million to make, it's people like you that kill franchises that are high quality but unfortunately expensive.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Rather than stealing you mean?

Yes, yes I would.

This game may well have cost them $20-30 million to make, it's people like you that kill franchises that are high quality but unfortunately expensive.

So you'd be willing to spend more than 500 dollars on a game? Overiding things like payment, rent and food?

Hey guys.

I put up a review thread for the game, let's keep our review discussion there.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=98700&page=1#

$500?

Which country (on this planet) is charging the equivalent of $US500 on this game?

I am in Australia, which is about as expensive as it gets for games. To purchase this game, I am spending the equivalent of $US105.

Don't bitch to me about prices.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
$500?

Which country (on this planet) is charging the equivalent of $US500 on this game?

I am in Australia, which is about as expensive as it gets for games. To purchase this game, I am spending the equivalent of $US105.

Don't bitch to me about prices.

It's not 500 but since my salary is less than a tenth that in the west it might as well be.

I am a student. I won't pretend I don't live in a rich country, but buying a new game costs a ridiculous proportion of my earnings.

One of the reasons I (an honest gamer) pay so much for my games, is because people pirate them, and companies need to charge more to ensure they make their money back.

Dont get me wrong but this is one of the best looking games of the whole generation!!!

ME2 yeah!!!

Played about an hour of ME2 and I must say it's better in every way so far, graphics, sound, story etc. My only gripe is that some actions in battle require you to pause the game which wasn't an issue in the PC version ME.

This games Graphics are great, week 1 buy for sure.