By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Wii hit the 70 million console mark WW by the end of 2009?

Probably not but sure will pass 60 million though.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

In 2008, between the 8th of June and the end of the year, the Wii sold 16.6 million units, which would put it at 67 million at the end of 2009 if it sold equally.

However, it's down year-over-year, so a lot depends on the impact of Wii Sports Resort, MH3 and the new bundles in Japan. It's very hard to guess what will happen.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I'm expecting Wii to match the 2nd half performance of 2008 which puts it at 65-67M.

Which is amazing.

If Japan outperforms the 2nd half of 2008 then there is a chance for the higher 68M, but I dont see an extra 2 million, especially since the Wii has to make up for the 1 million deficit left by the 1st half of 09.

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

Yeah. With a new system color in Japan as well as the MH3 bundle, sales in Japan should really pick up. In general the Wii has good number of titles that drive hardware sales releasing over the next 6 months. Plus Norlead's numbers on for the last holiday period show that 20 million isn't as out there as some posters think.

I bet 60 million, 65 at the VERY MOST. I highly doubt 70 mil. I won't bet on that though! You never know with the wii.