By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Wii hit the 70 million console mark WW by the end of 2009?

big titles coming out, new peripheral holiday mario... I think it will make it

next the world will be nintendo's

I'd like to be like my fahter... to sire a son like myself

Around the Network

It'll be really fun to watch and see.

I hope the Wii tops off at 50m, but thats just a dream.

nordlead said:
Buzzi said:
now is 200k for week, we can say 1 m per month...in the holiday i think (but not hope) it won't overpass the 400k for week, so 1.5 m...christmas will be great, but as someone as just said 20m in 6 months it's too much also for the Wii...we shoul see if the big games of this year will boost the sales as good as this goal need.

so the console that sold 1.7m in 1 week won't be able to break 400k in a single week the following year??

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii®1=All&cons2=PS3®2=All&cons3=X360®3=All&start=39726&end=39817

Last year it sold 10m units WW between the beginning of October and the end of December

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 05th Oct 2008 to 03rd Jan 2009:

Console Wii
Total

Now, this doesn't mean it will sell 20m in 6 months, but it does mean you have no clue what you are talking about.

11 million in the last 3 months. 9 million in the first 3.5 months. Yeah, I don't think it'll do that. that means it'll have to do 600k weekly for the next 14 weeks. and then 1 million weekly for the last 12 weeks.

SaviorX said:
Yea,it is a gutsy bet, but I have Wii Sports Resort, Monster Hunter 3, Wii Fit Plus, and New Super Mario Bros to helpme out.

Its in God's hands now lol

When did you make the bet?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
SaviorX said:
Yea,it is a gutsy bet, but I have Wii Sports Resort, Monster Hunter 3, Wii Fit Plus, and New Super Mario Bros to helpme out.

Its in God's hands now lol

When did you make the bet?

Several weeks ago.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

nordlead said:
Buzzi said:
now is 200k for week, we can say 1 m per month...in the holiday i think (but not hope) it won't overpass the 400k for week, so 1.5 m...christmas will be great, but as someone as just said 20m in 6 months it's too much also for the Wii...we shoul see if the big games of this year will boost the sales as good as this goal need.

so the console that sold 1.7m in 1 week won't be able to break 400k in a single week the following year??

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&start=39726&end=39817

Last year it sold 10m units WW between the beginning of October and the end of December

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 05th Oct 2008 to 03rd Jan 2009:

Console Wii
Total

Now, this doesn't mean it will sell 20m in 6 months, but it does mean you have no clue what you are talking about.

Maybe my numbers are not so correct, but i said it in a very wrong way: let me resaying.I  hope Wii will overpass 400k, and considering WSR and MH3 it will be possible for atleast some weeks; then iwanted to say that Wii can sell a lot in Chrismas (considering christmas week, not the previous, not the next), more than 1.5 m, so for December Wii can sell a lot more.

Although this i'm gonna saying that Wii will not reach the 70m this year, because 20m in 6-7 months it's just too much also for a console which broke any previous record.

So I wanted to say that Wii will reach easly 60m, i think also 65 m but 70m it's just too hard.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

I think my estimation was a bit too optimistic. However, with the announced games and a possible price cut 70+ should still be realistic.

Will it sell 20m units in the next 6.5 months? God, no chance.

Somewhere between 60-65m IMO.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

60-65 million is way too low. I'm seeing around 68-70 million, but that depends really on the games.

Of course, presuming japan goes as crazy for the Wii this christmas as I think they are, we might get 2-3 million in Japan alone during that timeframe (New black Wii + new Mario + new wii fit + new Monster Hunter)

Of course, that's assuming they don't modify their bundling. Wii Sports Resort as a pack in bundle and that's 10 million right there.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption