By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official: ( Forza 3 ) Thread

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/media/audio/default.htm?mediaid=661#/audio/661/

New pitpass podcast is up

Around the Network

Just finished listening to the podcast, some great stories and photots

Added These cars and tacks to the OP..

Forza 3 Races Through Japan

We're well aware that Forza Motorsports 3 looks amazing, but where will it look amazing? Microsoft highlights the legendary racing tracks of Japan in their latest update, revealing a handful of new cars in the process.

The latest Turn 10 update for Forza 3 reveals four new tracks across three classic Japanese racing venues for Forza 3 this week. For starters we're getting the Suzuka Circuit, one of the oldest and most dangerous motorsport tracks in the country, with 17 turns packed into the 3 and a half mile course. You can tell by the picture up top that it's a pretty brutal ride. Then we have the Twin Ring Motegi, which consists of both a 1.5 mile oval and 3 mile road course. Finally we've got the Tsukaba Circuit, home of the Revspeed Super Battle, Japan's original time attack.

On top of the three courses, Turn Ten is also revealing seventeen new vehicles for the game, from the sporty 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR to the rally-bred 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti. Check out the full list below to see if your favorite ride made this week's cut.

This Week's Cars:
Production 2009 Lexus IS F

Production 2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe Sport

Production 2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

Production 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR

Production 2010 Nissan 370Z

Production 2009 Nissan Versa SL

Production 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Production 2008 Toyota Yaris S

Production 2009 Honda Fit Sport

Race Car 2008 Nissan #12 CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R

Race Car 2008 Nissan #23 XANAVI NISMO GT-R

Race Car 2008 Nissan #24 ADVAN Clarion GT-R

Race Car 1997 Nissan #23 Nissan Motorsports R390

Race Car 2008 Nissan #3 YellowHat YMS TOMICA GT-R

Race Car 2008 Toyota #25 ECLIPSE ADVAN SC430

Race Car 2008 Toyota #36 PETRONAS TOM'S SC430

Race Car 2008 Toyota #6 ENEOS SC430

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Knowing this game looks the same in replay as it does ingame ( as confirmed by Turn 10, and the video they showed us to prove it ) these look stunning.

Brand new pics. Enjoy every single one. All images taken from their original 720p source. God this looks good.

@ Sega4Life. OP.

Are you gonna put the rest of the pics @ official site up in your OP?

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/media/images/default.htm#/screenshot/733/

Around the Network

Some stuff to read about the new update:

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/JDM_Power.aspx

More Forza 3 Shots. WOW.

Yeah I did faint guys.

selnor said:

More Forza 3 Shots. WOW.

Yeah I did faint guys.

Are they taking into account brake fade??? It looks like those rotors are scorching hot.  I also notice they finally have some fans in the stands in this picture.  I hope they do that on all the race tracks, rather than having empty seats. Maybe empty for qualifying rounds and filled on race day, if their career mode works that way.

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, N64, Gamecube, Wii, XBOX360

Wyku said:
selnor said:

More Forza 3 Shots. WOW.

Yeah I did faint guys.

Are they taking into account brake fade??? It looks like those rotors are scorching hot.  I also notice they finally have some fans in the stands in this picture.  I hope they do that on all the race tracks, rather than having empty seats. Maybe empty for qualifying rounds and filled on race day, if their career mode works that way.

Well they have a whole new trye deformation system.

"How does this relate to tire deformation?
The closer you get to threshold grip the more the tire deforms, and this should be a felt effect in the feedback of the wheel, the sound the tires make, and the response in traction performance.
However, its a complex situation because of the tire/wheel construction combination.
A low profile sidewall tire will not deform as much, which will improve input/feedback of grip, but it will also mean that the threshold zone will be harder to predict via feel.
A high sidewall tire will deform quite a bit, giving you a larger zone of feel before the limits of threshold grip are met, but at a cost of input/feedback response.

Tire deformation is like "compressing"(or loading) a tire to its limits, so that you can minimize it's springlike characteristics. This will give you the best performance while at the threshold of grip.

Other factors will affect the amounts of grip available, and for the most part this will be trial and error tuning with large areas of performance overlap."

So I dont see why they wont have it for brakes. Seriously Turn 10 really are taking realism to new levels. While people are taling about how many cars a game will have, they are missing all the technical engines that Turn 10 are putting in the game that really make a difference to a sim game.

I don't think Turn 10 should be using photos of real cars for their screenshots.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.