By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Halo killed the 360

http://www.gamerevolver.com/articlenav-52-page-2.html

Some good points, not entirely agree with all of them but they do add up.

Around the Network

Nice read, thanks!

So what do you win if your prefered console sells more than another?

That was a great read. Good job!

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design." - Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto

PSN joshmyersBV Global rank in Warhawk: 1734 Rank: Wing Leader Over 200 Mine kills

Seems like a dumb article to me. They have no source or research or anything which makes their opinion very suspect. Might just be me but I thought it was a dumb article.

It is a great article thx!

But their are so many more games that people are waiting for Lost oddesy, Mass Effect...

Around the Network

Great Article? Maybe for Sony Fanboys, but believe me they leave out some key points.

Namely that the Xbox 360 is already and has been a good gaming machine, we're talking at least two years of good game (last year and this upcoming year), whereas the PS3 still has about 6 months (MGS4 perhaps) until its a worthwhile gaming machine. I'd rather have something I can play now, then nothing at all.

But in terms of potentional they are totally wrong. If you look at Halo and Halo 2, you can see big advances in the graphical quality of both games. Even PS2 games just hit their stride recently (God of War looks incredible for a PS2 game). CS:Source for example shows just how good companies can tweak games with the time and effort.

Sure the PS3 has more processing power, but does that really translate into that much more GPU Power? Sure they'll be able to offload a lot more work onto the processors however thats complicated, expensive, and it won't result in enormous graphical leaps. Some improvement? Yes Significant Improvement? Yes Enormous Improvement? no. PS3 games might eventually look much better, but thats not the case right now nor will it be for some time.

Graphics don't sell systems (as proven by the Wii) and so the Xbox is far from dead. Developers will infact rejoice once things become more standardized for the Xbox since it'll reduce development costs. Halo 3 will set a new standard for games on the system, and usher in a new era of gaming on the system.

I honestly think that the Xbox is heading into the past year of its console life soon.

While the Xbox won't likely sell 100 Million, If it can mantain a lead on the PS3 in Americ & Europe, I think it'll remain the primary console for development.

Vote for Ron Paul 2008

Only Anti-War and Anti-Taxes Republican

Freedom is a message everyone can embrace!

NO developers have been able to reach the PS3's potential? Didn't factor 5 state that they maxed out the PS3? (graphically)

andrewpeirce said:
NO developers have been able to reach the PS3's potential? Didn't factor 5 state that they maxed out the PS3? (graphically)

They also stated that Lair development was haunted and there was a ghost.

andrewpeirce said:

I guess it is PR.

Engelos said:
andrewpeirce said:

They also stated that Lair development was hounted and there was a ghost.

Even the dead don´t like the PS3... does the Cell use the hearts of orphans ??? In any case it´s bad juju I say.

JK, no console can be maxed out within the first two or three years... look at God of War 2 and Resident Evil 4....

On Topic: I´m not going to read the hole articel since I´m drunk (again) but the first line is screwed up already, MS will be out of powder after the hollydays ??? Yeah right, just like Nintendo... they are both doomed... NOT. Both MS and Nintendo have the games to put all emphasis on the hollydays, why should they talk about games coming after the "trow out the money" season. If you think Nintendo only has Mario Kart and MS only has Ninja Gaiden you are dead wrong, they just don´t need to get people excited about the future, it´s the now that counts, the PS3 will have great games in 08 (and they have some good ones now)... but they are not alone.