By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FORZA 3 is the new graphics king

kanariya said:
Oniichan said:
@ kanariya - you still play GT5P online? If so interested in having a race now and then with me?

Na, I mostly play time trials.

GT5P online kind of sucks.

Same. What's your best time at Suzuka? Ferrari F430?

Around the Network
Taz! said:
kanariya said:
Oniichan said:
@ kanariya - you still play GT5P online? If so interested in having a race now and then with me?

Na, I mostly play time trials.

GT5P online kind of sucks.

Same. What's your best time at Suzuka? Ferrari F430?

I have to check the time when I get home.

I like to run the mid-power cars like the 350GT sedan (Infiniti G35) or the G37 coupe on the London track.

Ran a few laps last night I think I got some late 1:02.xxx

selnor said:
Oniichan said:
1 thing i just noticed in that forza video. During gear changes the hands dont move off the wheel to change gears like they do in GT5:Prologue. Other then that.. they both look super! enviroments in Forza look awesome. Car models are about the same.. cant really tell the difference apart from the lack of AA on GT5: Prologue.

Thats actually really good attention to detail. They were probably playing with Automatic gears. Which means it would not be realistic for the driver to reach down and change gear.

Something GT5P is not accurate on. In GT5P when you have automatic gears, the driver still reaches down and changes gear!?

ah so its confirmed that the hand actually does move off the wheel to change gears when your using manual gearing instead of auto? or is that just an assumption your making?

Cause thats a pretty big thing if they are going for realism when your using inside car view.

XxXProphecyXxX said:
Slight off topic but is there any option that lets you save this thread? just need to save it cause ima need it when both of these game are out....gonna be hillarious 4 sure.

You do realize that the argument right now is between GT5P and Forza3 and not GT5 and Forza3 right? 

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Oniichan said:
selnor said:
Oniichan said:
1 thing i just noticed in that forza video. During gear changes the hands dont move off the wheel to change gears like they do in GT5:Prologue. Other then that.. they both look super! enviroments in Forza look awesome. Car models are about the same.. cant really tell the difference apart from the lack of AA on GT5: Prologue.

Thats actually really good attention to detail. They were probably playing with Automatic gears. Which means it would not be realistic for the driver to reach down and change gear.

Something GT5P is not accurate on. In GT5P when you have automatic gears, the driver still reaches down and changes gear!?

ah so its confirmed that the hand actually does move off the wheel to change gears when your using manual gearing instead of auto? or is that just an assumption your making?

Cause thats a pretty big thing if they are going for realism when your using inside car view.

I'm sure they will have it implemented. They are a pure sim dev after all. They have made their physics engine right up ther to compete with PC sims according to Inside sim racing.tv.

But it makes pure sense if it's auto that it isnt there. Something that always bothered me playing GT5P.

Around the Network

Nothing to do with the game. but one big disadvantage for Forza, for me is that there is a sever lack of good racing wheels to use with it compared to the PS3.

Those polygon counts are just completely fabricated, i've nearly completed Forza 2, i did complete GT4, 100%  and GT4 remains the greatest racing game ever made. I think GT4 was carrying more polygons than ' next gen ' Forza 2, the car bodies on Forza 2 being ' bobbly ' in places and just not smooth. Right from the word go GT has been the racing game setting the standard, Polyphony defined the replay, no one else seems to be able to pull the replay off as pleasingly as Polyphony, they gave us the much copied photo mode and loads of other innovations.  The GT5 engine was up and running 2 years ago, so they have had all that time to perfect what looks perfect. Don't get me wrong, Forza 3 looks fab but not in the same class as GT5, still it remains to be seen how they play, but with a huge car count and proberbly hundreds of hours of gameplay  ( proberbly more, took me nearly 2 years to finish GT4 ) i can't see Gran Turismo loosing its crown as the worlds premier racing game.

selnor said:
Oniichan said:
selnor said:
Oniichan said:

I'm sure they will have it implemented. They are a pure sim dev after all. They have made their physics engine right up ther to compete with PC sims according to Inside sim racing.tv.

But it makes pure sense if it's auto that it isnt there. Something that always bothered me playing GT5P.

Well that makes sense.. lets hope they implement it as its the only thing i can see missing from the game.

Gotta agree with you on the whole auto mode that the driver shouldnt be changing gears. I never noticed that in GT5 Prologue as i always play manual from the get go in any racing game/sim.

this is another boring faulse story posted for some1 to get sum vg $$. gt5 has better graphic easy. but at the end of the day graphics only take u soo far its the game play im interested in

kollosson said:

Those polygon counts are just completely fabricated, i've nearly completed Forza 2, i did complete GT4, 100%  and GT4 remains the greatest racing game ever made. I think GT4 was carrying more polygons than ' next gen ' Forza 2, the car bodies on Forza 2 being ' bobbly ' in places and just not smooth. Right from the word go GT has been the racing game setting the standard, Polyphony defined the replay, no one else seems to be able to pull the replay off as pleasingly as Polyphony, they gave us the much copied photo mode and loads of other innovations.  The GT5 engine was up and running 2 years ago, so they have had all that time to perfect what looks perfect. Don't get me wrong, Forza 3 looks fab but not in the same class as GT5, still it remains to be seen how they play, but with a huge car count and proberbly hundreds of hours of gameplay  ( proberbly more, took me nearly 2 years to finish GT4 ) i can't see Gran Turismo loosing its crown as the worlds premier racing game.

I don't know what you are smoking, the polygon counts are between Forza3 and GT5, not Forza2 and GT4. It's also nice to see you have played both GT5 anf Forza 3 since you know so much about what both of these games will feel like when played.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!