By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGchartz Evening News with Icon Zexen_Lowe!!

Welcome everyone to the 'VGchartz Evening News brought to you by Megman.2. We truly have a GREATshow with Icon Zexen lowe. Turn the kettle on and get the biscuits out for the 'Vgchartz Evening News of Sunday June 14th.

VGchartzWith

Our interview is with up and coming RPG historian himself Zexen lowe

First off all let me say thank you to all our guests for taking the time out from their busy schedule, to attend the Evening News.

Snake2 reporting Live from New york, Snake2's interview with Zexen lowe

Welcome to the Vgchartz evening news Zexen_lowe! 

Q1 – You are considered an up and coming RPG historian, could you give us your top 3 definitive RPG games.

Q1)

1. Suikoden II (best game ever, also)
2. Persona 4
3. Persona 3

I'd put Final Fantasy Tactics in 3rd, but I'm hesitant since it's a tactic RPG and not a full-fledged RPG. Still, you can make it as you wish

Q1B – Some people in the community have compared you to RPG historian BengaBenga, what do you make of this comparison?

A1b) Well, I don't consider myself a historian, mostly because I lack experience with the pre-PS1 RPGs era (I have only played FF4, FF5, FF6 and Chrono Trigger). Though I consider myself a big JRPG fan, I've played all the RPGs I could from PS1, PS2, GB and GBA (DS to a lesser extent), and I'm still playing the ones I missed. But yeah, RPGs are my favourite genre, I consider the historian moniker as a big flatter...and a big responsibility also.

Q2 – What game are you most anticipated for and why?

A2) Last Guardian, of course (see question 5). Also, The Beatles: Rock Band, because it's my favourite band and I love Rock Band, so it's a perfect combination. FFXIII for obvious reasons (and it looks amazing). And Scribblenauts has piqued my interest during E3 (as did with everyone), and I can safely say it's one of my most anticipated games. Oh, and add both the Monkey Island remake and Tales of Monkey Island, I'm a big fan of that series too.

Q3 – There have been rumors circulating that Gigamesh is the new Sony Leader, What do you make of this nonsense?

A3) It's always good to have one of the DB Admin team as Sony Leader, so I fully support that rumor, should it be true. I can always arrange with him for some privileges for a fellow purple-named in the Sony ranks. So, Gilg, you got my vote

Q4 – There have been rumors circulating that I’m about to be promoted to moderator, with your GameDB links could you shed light on this.

A4) I really don't have access to the "top" mod discussions, but I can assure you that's something that's being considered, I saw one or two passing mentions...you'd be a great add to the mod team, with your unbiased opionions and your perfectly clean record

Q5 – What are your thoughts on the Last Guardian?

A5) As everybody knows, I'm a big fan of Team ICO, ICO was excellent and SotC is one of the best games ever. So, you can be sure I read and watch every little news about The Last Guardian I can find. And I gotta say, the E3 trailer looks amazing, even though it's not the most graphically-impressive game, I'm definitely getting the ICO team-vibe from it. I'm sure it'll be a game with the Fumito Ueda mark, with totally unforgettable moments, an experience that's different to everything you've seen before. It's my most anticipated game, I know it's gonna be one of the best games ever made just by looking at the trailer and knowing who develops it. 

I want confirmation that Kow Ohtani is making the soundtrack, though. That's one of the (many) things that made SotC so unforgettable

Q5B - Is being GameDb admin hard work? What advice do you have for those who want to submit games....

Haha.

Well, it's not really hard. I do it because I love the DB, I love that I can change what the website shows. You don't get that kind of interaction with any other website. You actually feel you're part of it. I feel pride looking at some games I've created.

Of course there are times that you gotta do hard work (for example, setting the release dates, specially when there are many, is a bit of a hassle). But it's still much fun, looking for info and filling it, and very rewarding, to see what you submitted figure in the website for everyone to see. And of course, you get VG$, and what can I say, I'm human, I love money, even though it's fake I like being one of the top users.

As for advice to our users, the most important thing is common sense. Think what you want for everyone to see. Submit everything you can, but be sure that it's correct. When you submit, you gotta be careful, and double check everything. Of course there are rules that aren't inmediately apparent (like the "provisional" caption for non-final boxarts, the only-from-publishers summaries, non-watermarked screenshots and so on), but it's a mistake everyone is bound to make at least once, and we DB admins know that, so we're willing to help to fix it.

Thank you to Zexen Lowe for this great interview, which is indeed very helpful.

I am looking for 2 guests for next week's show, so if you are interested just state a reason why you would be great to interview.

AMP316                               Thriller!
Member of the week            Album of the Decade
Pick of the week

<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/gears2goty/omar7700.swf" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

Around the Network

This guy is the reason I started buying Suikoden games, now I need Suikoden II to hit PSN and then I can finally start passing them all

He also made me buy Shadow Of The Colossus and Persona 3

Nice interview

^_^

skeezer said:

This guy is the reason I started buying Suikoden games, now I need Suikoden II to hit PSN and then I can finally start passing them all

He also made me buy Shadow Of The Colossus and Persona 3

Nice interview

He is an up and coming RPG historian for a reason

<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/gears2goty/omar7700.swf" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

Interesting interview segment.

I wouldn't mind being a guest on this sometime, however I wonder as to what you would ask me...........

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

zexen! He's my favorite tocayo! Go go! =P

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

We all love Zexen

SaviorX said:

I wouldn't mind being a guest on this sometime, however I wonder as to what you would ask me...........

I always come up with great questions dont worry

</embed>

megaman.2. said:
SaviorX said:

hmm that's questionable if you ask me...

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
trashleg said:
megaman.2. said:
SaviorX said:

hmm that's questionable if you ask me...

haha, another satisfied evening news customer

</embed>

What a fantastic interview, megaman

Thanks to everyone for the great response!

SHMUPGurus said:
zexen! He's my favorite tocayo! Go go! =P

United tocayos!