By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Metal Gear Solid: Rising won't use MGS4 Engine

Metal Gear Solid: Rising won’t be using the same engine as Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Instead, Kojima Productions is building a multiplatform one from scratch to support the PC, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.

Despite some initial concerns, they assure their fans that the multiplatform development won’t compromise the game in their latest podcast. In fact, Kojima Productions even promise that Metal Gear Solid: Rising will end up looking better than Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

Still, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is one of the best looking games so far this generation. It is a shame to see it not being utilized again.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-6894-SF-Console-Game-Examiner~y2009m6d12-Metal-Gear-Solid-Rising-wont-use-MGS4-Engine

Around the Network

Lol. I told everyone that in the Konami presser thread.

They should use the engine it makes financial sense too. After they said it will look even better than MGS4 I can't wait to see it.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

LordMatrix said:
They should use the engine it makes financial sense too. After they said it will look even better than MGS4 I can't wait to see it.

LOL... what do you expect them to say? Honestly I'll be mighty impressed if a C rank team can pull of a better graphics engine than the MGS4 team.

I wonder how many discs the game will be on?

Around the Network

It is a shame to see it not being utilized again.

No its not.

"...Metal Gear Solid: Rising will end up looking better than Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots."

Straight from the developer's mouth. But I thought the 360 couldn't handle MGS4-level graphics? /sigh

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
"...Metal Gear Solid: Rising will end up looking better than Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots."

Straight from the developer's mouth. But I thought the 360 couldn't handle MGS4-level graphics? /sigh

But how come when other devs says somthing about the ps3 their automatically BS. sigh....?

thekitchensink said:

Don't forget, Gears of War 1 is the best game the 360 can achieve. Alan Wake, SC:C, Forza 3 and Gears 2 don't exist.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Nightmare24 said:
I wonder how many discs the game will be on?

As many as the Planet Earth bluray collection disc set, Final Fantasy IX and Lost Odyssey.