By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Metal Gear Solid: Rising won't use MGS4 Engine

yo_john117 said:
Smashed said:
siphor1987 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
MGS4>MGSR

[sarcasm]Cool! Did you play MGS:R in the future? If so, can I borrow your time machine?[/sarcasm] 

MGS4 will be without a doubt, hands down the better game.

I can gaurentee that.

Cause it was exclusive to the PS3?

No, because as everyone has said, Kojima isn't working on this title, therefor it will be not even close to the quality.

Around the Network
Necromunda said:
yo_john117 said:
Smashed said:
siphor1987 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
MGS4>MGSR

[sarcasm]Cool! Did you play MGS:R in the future? If so, can I borrow your time machine?[/sarcasm] 

I can gaurentee that.

No, because as everyone has said, Kojima isn't working on this title, therefor it will be not even close to the quality.

Things that MGSR has going against it. 1. No Kojima. 2. Snake not the main character. 3. Unproven developing team.

People need to stop getting so defensive and trying to make the Ps3 fans so petty. Its usually not the case.

JEDE3 said:
Necromunda said:
yo_john117 said:
Smashed said:
siphor1987 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
MGS4>MGSR

I can gaurentee that.

Things that MGSR has going against it. 1. No Kojima. 2. Snake not the main character. 3. Unproven developing team.

People need to stop getting so defensive and trying to make the Ps3 fans so petty. Its usually not the case.

Yeah really, when I heard the game was coming out I was psyched, could care less that it was coming out for the 360.

When I found out the game would not enlist Kojimas help and is being done by in essence a fresh team is when I lost my interest.

JEDE3 said:
thekitchensink said:
Smashed said:
siphor1987 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
MGS4>MGSR

I can gaurentee that.

Mm, I see.  Now, the situation would be different if Rising was a PS3 exclusive, right?

No it would be different if Kojima was working on it and a C rank team wasn't.

What other game has this team worked on that you can rate how they develop?

XxXProphecyXxX said:
SHMUPGurus said:

@ XxXProphecyXxX:

There were barely threads about Lost Planet 2 dude... After all, it was just "Lost Planet" and another Capcom title, remember?

hmm..I dunno cause I could have sworn there were heaps of threads about it b4 when it was exclusive in fact I can still remember (senlor Im not quite sure) posting heaps of videos of it and getting ppl hyped.

Besides my LP2 thread all the other threads where wondering if it was coming to Ps3....

At no point did anyone say it was exclusive.....

you should look for this threads and make sure your not making this up...The Bulk of LP2 threads were Sony fans wondering if it was coming to PS3

Around the Network
Smashed said:
thekitchensink said:
Smashed said:
siphor1987 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
MGS4>MGSR

I can gaurentee that.

Mm, I see.  Now, the situation would be different if Rising was a PS3 exclusive, right?

Wrong. If Kojima was the big part of it, which he's not, then the situation would be different.

Yet you can't help and make your avatar from the new Raiden pic...Your just mad this was annouced for Xbox 360.....

Necromunda said:
yo_john117 said:
Smashed said:
siphor1987 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
MGS4>MGSR

I can gaurentee that.

But he is producing it....So to an extent he is involved

"Were using a new engine and to be honest it looks like crap compared to MGS 4, don't buy it."

Is that what you expect them to say?

Zizzla - You're spammerific. Anyway you asked what other games they made for me to rate them? Well no duh. That's why they are a Rank C. Where else would they start? If you don't know Ranks start lower and raise.

And all I got from you is "Wah they are so right so I'm just going to try and discredit them by saying they are just angry its on the 360 without anything to support my claims"

Zizzla_Rachet said:
Necromunda said:
yo_john117 said:
Smashed said:
siphor1987 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
MGS4>MGSR

I can gaurentee that.

But he is producing it....So to an extent he is involved

Kojima said he would be HEAVILY involved with two games: Metal Gear Solid (psp) and Metal Gear Solid Rising. He specfically said he wanted to be done with the series, but he is still working HEAVILY in both games. He'll probably be writing the stories for both games, and he'll release the game when it's up to his standards. His team made a Metal Gear Solid game on the psp, and it was good a game.