By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FFIV: The After Years is great

I've only played about two hours total, but I'm really enjoying being back in the world of Baron.  If anyone is a fan of FFIV, and hasn't picked it up I highly reccommend this.  If I have any time this weekend I'm totally hunkering down for an extended play.  One question though, has anyone bought the DLC?  How does it work?  Is it a new game or do I run into it during the main game?

Around the Network

is it just like ff4 for the snes?

PSN: Skiptomylou41k

Gamertag: Skiptomylou41k

PS3 Slim/Xbox 360 Short/Wii Black/PS2 Slim/Psp/DS

Cypher1980 said:
Soon the Darkside will be irresistable and will crush the MS rebel scum underfoot.

The Wii owners are like Ewoks. The Evil empire will tolerate them but turn their forest moon into a secret base.

skiptomylou41k said:
is it just like ff4 for the snes?

It's very similar although they add this new moon feature.  The character's Magic/Attack will get stronger or weaker depending on the cycle of the moon.  Full moon will halve the power of Attack, but increase Black Magic.  A new moon will raise attack, but lower White Magic etc.  I haven't dug deep enough to get a really good feel for it, but it makes you change up your strategy a bit.

hmm i might have to check this out then later

PSN: Skiptomylou41k

Gamertag: Skiptomylou41k

PS3 Slim/Xbox 360 Short/Wii Black/PS2 Slim/Psp/DS

Cypher1980 said:
Soon the Darkside will be irresistable and will crush the MS rebel scum underfoot.

The Wii owners are like Ewoks. The Evil empire will tolerate them but turn their forest moon into a secret base.

The original is better.  I like it but I HATE the moon BS.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

I liked it but wasn't too happy with the length. It was 800 wii points and I ran through it in less than 3 hours. Even messing around and trying everything I could have the insanely short chapters wouldn't have lasted much longer.

I like it but to purchase every chapter would run in the neighborhood of 2500 Wii points if they structure it the same as I've heard. It's a bit much when I put it together like that. I'd have rather seen it release on DS as a full game or for the whole cost upfront. It feels like I'm being nickled and dimed when it's done like this.

That said it was good, just kind of shorter than I'd hoped for, unless the final three chapters(also reportedly 800 wii points like the first 3) are longer somehow..

Yea the moon thing is kinda lame.
I did beat it in, and got halfway through Rydias part in one day though.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Kinda of pricey for what is only 1/4 of a game, less when you consider Rydia's story is a DLC add-on; but it get frustratingly hard at times. I don't mind games that are hard, and in the case of JRPGs, I'll just level grind until I'm more comfortable; but when I'm stuck with characters at a fixed level, and are clearly under leveled, that burns me.

Veder Juda is hand crafted from EPIC FAIL, and is a 96% certified Looney; the other 4% is a work in progress.

Yup,this game is awsome.