By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Reported: People buying Wii with Halo3 in Japan

http://www.nintendic.com/news/1183

Halo 3 has blown all other records out of the water over in the US and the hysteria has been sweeping Europe as well, despite the quality of the game actually being brought into question in some quarters. In fact, so big is the hype for the Bungie-developed Xbox 360 title that even Japanese gamers poured out in their masses to pick it up…along with a Wii console!

Yes, whilst it may seem completely ridiculous, Kotaku has photographic evidence of Japanese consumers rushing out to not only buy Halo 3, but one of the plentiful supply of Wii consoles currently lay around retail over there. Kotaku mentions that this was at the Yodobashi Akiba store on the launch day of the eagerly awaited game. Below are some images of just what was happening over there:

It will certainly be interesting to see how this actually affects the sales of Wii next week, considering how low its figures have dropped lately. Stay tuned for further updates throughout the day right here on Nintendic…

Just cos they have three photos of people who have obviously been waiting  

until the big hitters came out they have taken it as a trend or something.  Saying that though it's made me a little interested in seeing next weeks japan sales figures, may take it over 30,000 mark but thats about all I reckon.

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

Around the Network

I don't know why, but I find this very amusing. I would laugh if the launch of Halo 3 in Japan somehow increases Wii sales more than Xbox 360 sales.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

lol, thanks halo, you're the best :D

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

If Wii sales increase by more than 10% this week in Japan, I'll ROFL!

routsounmanman said:
If Wii sales increase by more than 10% this week in Japan, I'll ROFL!

yea me too haha

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

can you imagine if it had caused masses of people to think I may as well pick up a wii whilst i'm here, they seem fun quirky and cheap. bummer for Microsoft, they must be feeling as unwanted in japan as a ginger haired stepson

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

why not with PS3... ((

hahahaha....that is just palin old awesome--you know to counter this someone is going to go buy a wii game and snap some pictures of the 360 on the counter next to it---but man that is priceless

Pretty good evidence right that there that the Wii is a perfect system to compliment a 360 or PS3.

I remember a saying a while back from somebody saying the Wii would be the generation winner because it could end up being everybody's "second" system of choice. :)

Obviously the scenario is very different but it's great all the same to see the whole Wii60 thing actually having a bit of oomph behind it heh.

lmao.

I don't think I've ever seen a game increase of a competing console before. If ever there was a sign of the times in Japan, this is it.

Wii60 lives on in Japan. 

The rEVOLution is not being televised