By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Reported: People buying Wii with Halo3 in Japan

You will see about 55k for Halo 3 in Japan this week and they will tank next week and the game will never be heard off in Japan again.

Around the Network

Go Halo 3, Go.

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

leo-j said:
Dam.. so people think that halo 3 is a wii game. Not only that, but the idiot people that are selling them to you dont say $hit. Oh well.

Do you actually think that they are that stupid? Come on Leo-j, serisouly. They aren't buying Wiis to play Halo 3 on them. They are buying Wiis to play Wii games, and Halo 3 to play Halo 3. I find it so funny that you believe that people are that dumb.

Just kiss the tip.

NJ5 said:

OMG, people went to a store and bought TWO DIFFERENT things! Not one, two! Not equal, different! It's got to be the first time!

Seriously, I don't see how this can be so funny. Slightly interesting, maybe, but funny?

So if Wii sales increase, some of you will conclude it's because of Halo 3? Great logic there. We all know correlation implies causation (eyes rolling).

See this type of reaction would be warranted if it was two things but not consistantly the same two things together.  The fact that there is a connection between the two would be interesting since the demographics are not typically connected very strongly.  So yes it would be a big deal if there is something to this.

With that said it is still anecdotal evidence and so its not exactly reliable.  If the Japanese numbers show a strong connection then I think that is a lot more reliable and it most certainly is an interesting aspect of the Japanese market that I don't think we have seen or heard much about.

But I will agree it doesn't warrant the "omgz teh Wii is selling with teh HaloZ Tre!" type reactions.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Yes, it's definitely interesting if there's any relationship, but as you said we need more than a few photos to conclude that ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

"lol, thanks halo, you're the best :D"

ROFL

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

That's pretty damn funny.

scorptile said:
this is the funniest thing i have ever heard someone buys halo3 and a wii lol and if sales fo the wii in japan go up from halo3 launch omg we will have to make signs about that for years to come like "halo3 the game that sales wii's" lol

ROFL, the way how you are saying it is funny XD.

' A Japanese walking in store  OHHH HALO 3 then also buys a Wii' Comes home and think  Damned forgot to buy ecksbawks 360.