By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - D-Day Has Arrived: Grand Slam vs Virtua Tennis

Okay Wii Motion Plus arrives in the UK today.  I finish work at 3 and a half hours and will stop at the shops to buy one of the above two games for my first motion plus gaming experience.  I recognise that Tiger Woods is better than both these games but I hate golf so would not enjoy the game at all.  Virtua Tennis for some reason doesn't have more than a couple of reviews and one is pointless because the reviewer did not even have Wii motion plus. GST has gotten two very poor reviews and a few good ones so seems some love it some hate it. 

So which is it?  Which one are you guys getting and which do you recommend and why?

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network

Ahh!!! I was wondering the same exact thing.

I keep hearing so many mixed opinions on Grand Slam Tennis.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I've ordered Grand Slam Tennis from amazon.
From everything I've read it seems if you put in a couple of hours of play time into the game you should learn how to control it correctly and it starts getting really fun, it's also meant to have a really smooth online play.

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

I'm going for Virtua Tennis. Grand Slam Tennis looks sluggish and has a terrible, terrible sound effct for hitting the ball. That may seem trivial but it's extremely distracting.

Virtua Tennis looks to play smooth and fast, and looks much better graphically than Grand Slam Tennis. The only downside I heard is the buggy online (but that's expected from a Wii game).

VT isn't out in the UK until next week though.

I've gone for GST.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
I'm going for Virtua Tennis. Grand Slam Tennis looks sluggish and has a terrible, terrible sound effct for hitting the ball. That may seem trivial but it's extremely distracting.

Virtua Tennis looks to play smooth and fast, and looks much better graphically than Grand Slam Tennis. The only downside I heard is the buggy online (but that's expected from a Wii game).

Yes I watched a video of Virtua Tennis and it looked really fast and impressive.  Was like a real tennis match.  But the online thing really bothers me. 

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Goodlife said:
VT isn't out in the UK until next week though.

I've gone for GST.

What!  Tell me it ain't so.  That seems like a huge error on Sega's part.  Many undecided folk will just end up going for the one which comes out first.

I was reading that you have to recalibrate the Wii Remote in between points in Virtua Tennis. Also the online looks to stink. I can't believe that I'm going to say this, but it looks like I'm going to support EA.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I went with GST mainly due to the online and because it looks more polished.

Next year I may buy VT 2010 if Sega fixes the online and polishes the game further.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
I went with GST mainly due to the online and because it looks more polished.

Next year I may buy VT 2010 if Sega fixes the online and polishes the game further.

This is what I think that I'm going to base my decision on as well.  I am hearing nothing but great things about the online on GST and the exact opposite about Virtua Tennis.