By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - D-Day Has Arrived: Grand Slam vs Virtua Tennis

NJ5 said:
I just played GST, but without WM+ as it should arrive next week only, so I'm not going to comment on the controls (except to say there's quite a lot more control than in Wii Sports, even without WM+).

I played online for a while and it was flawless, quick to start a game too. There were 180 players online according to the game (don't know if it's worldwide or just Europe?). Couldn't see a difference between playing online and locally. The game is quite polished as far as I've seen, with a lot of options.

Don't you find the sound effect for hitting the ball very annoying? Is there any way to change that sound effect?

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
NJ5 said:
I just played GST, but without WM+ as it should arrive next week only, so I'm not going to comment on the controls (except to say there's quite a lot more control than in Wii Sports, even without WM+).

I played online for a while and it was flawless, quick to start a game too. There were 180 players online according to the game (don't know if it's worldwide or just Europe?). Couldn't see a difference between playing online and locally. The game is quite polished as far as I've seen, with a lot of options.

Don't you find the sound effect for hitting the ball very annoying? Is there any way to change that sound effect?

No, it didn't annoy me. The grunts of some players are a bit annoying, but that depends on the character you choose so it's just a matter of choosing the right one (or getting used to it).

I didn't see any option to change the sounds, but I'll check for it the next time!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:

The online definitely sounds like a major win over Virtua Tennis.  I just wish there weren't all these mixed views on the controls.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

I'm waiting for Wii Sports: Resort... I should really pre-order that...

I was more critical of GST before. Now that I've played a little more I am starting to enjoy it. But I think that is the main problem with it. I remember when I first played Wii Sports, it was very intuitive I had no problems at all. I was later when you want to do more that you notice its deficiencies.

But when you first play GST it just throws you off completely, I was positive that the M+ was not working and I was trying to check if it was not detecting it for some reason.

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"

Around the Network

Well I decided to take the plunge and go down to Asda to buy GST. But when I got there they said they don't sell games after 10pm and I have to come back tomorrow. What kind of nonsense 24 hour shop is that. Maybe it's a sign that I shouldn't get the game.

Anyway for those in the UK who are interested in buying this game with wii motion plus I don't think you can do better than Asda. They are selling the bundle for £39.71. Don't think you will find it any cheaper than that anywhere.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Get Grand Slam Tennis and play it for a few days, it really sinks in how much better the M+ is, especially if you play with both options for a while.

Also online is flawless