By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii, closing the gap

eques judicii said: everytime I come to this website, which in the past I have really enjoyed, it seems to contain more and more wii fanboys, whose only joy is putting down the 360. The website seems to update the wii much more often than the 360 and while it always gives the 360 the lower end of the estimates it gives the wii the upper end. I don't doubt that the wii will have sold 6 million by the end of march, but to that end I also don't doubt that the 360 is above 10 million. vgcharts is in no way the end all of sales and only the companies themselves know how many they've sold... in fact, when Nintendo announced they had sold 4.5 million vgcharts already had them at 5 million... and posts like this, which are specifically designed to target the 360 and ps3 are silly. I also feel like a lot of people here attack the ps3, although there are an equal number of sony defenders here to follow up the attacks there is little to know damage control for the constant abuse that forum admins and posters do to the 360 here.
The reason the website's Wii numbers go up more frequently than the 360's is simply because weekly numbers come out for Japan and the 360 does not sell many there to make a difference where as the Wii does.

Around the Network

Reguardless of how off people say the numbers are on this site......the Wii is catching up to the 360 is that really that hard to belive. Even if the Wii had only sold 5mil the 360 has yet to sale ten with a full year headstart. They have more than half of the 360's sale in 4 months be happy for them, beside it doesn't mean that will win the "Console War" just that they are making Microsoft and Sony come up with different types of game to pull people from Nintendo, so all the people who hate Nintendo this is good for you, competition always is.

KohlyKohl said: eques judicii said: everytime I come to this website, which in the past I have really enjoyed, it seems to contain more and more wii fanboys, whose only joy is putting down the 360. The website seems to update the wii much more often than the 360 and while it always gives the 360 the lower end of the estimates it gives the wii the upper end. I don't doubt that the wii will have sold 6 million by the end of march, but to that end I also don't doubt that the 360 is above 10 million. vgcharts is in no way the end all of sales and only the companies themselves know how many they've sold... in fact, when Nintendo announced they had sold 4.5 million vgcharts already had them at 5 million... and posts like this, which are specifically designed to target the 360 and ps3 are silly. I also feel like a lot of people here attack the ps3, although there are an equal number of sony defenders here to follow up the attacks there is little to know damage control for the constant abuse that forum admins and posters do to the 360 here. The reason the website's Wii numbers go up more frequently than the 360's is simply because weekly numbers come out for Japan and the 360 does not sell many there to make a difference where as the Wii does.
I know that every week the Wii and PS3's gets an update from Japan but have you noticed how when the NPD numbers come out the Wii estimates get lowered?? It was at 6 million, but now it's at 5.8. Did the 360 numbers change? nope not really. and as for Starcraft original post - When will we destroy X360 in sales?! Destroy?? Never, the Wii is not a Next Gen console. It's great, but it seriously lacks the power to run next gen games. The Wii will surpass the Xbox 360 for a short while, but the 360 train will keep jogging along and repass it to claim it's right full spot as King! - Future of Wii's sales! Prediction (pulling this one out of my ass)- This will be Wii's best year in sales, 2008 and so on will show Wii declining in sales year after year (which is when the 360 will resurpass it)

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Gebx ... In North America I could see the Wii and XBox 360 being very close in 2009 with the XBox 360 pulling ahead after its price (for the priemium system) drops under $200, but there is no way on a worldwide level that the XBox 360 will outsell the Wii ... If Microsoft sells over 1 Million XBox 360s in Japan it will be an amazing milestone but you have to remember that the Wii will outsell the XBox 360 by at least 10 Million units in Japan; this will result in Nintendo having quite a few games that are very popular on a world wide scale that prevent the Wii from being blown out in any countries ...

HappySqurriel said: Gebx ... In North America I could see the Wii and XBox 360 being very close in 2009 with the XBox 360 pulling ahead after its price (for the priemium system) drops under $200, but there is no way on a worldwide level that the XBox 360 will outsell the Wii ... If Microsoft sells over 1 Million XBox 360s in Japan it will be an amazing milestone but you have to remember that the Wii will outsell the XBox 360 by at least 10 Million units in Japan; this will result in Nintendo having quite a few games that are very popular on a world wide scale that prevent the Wii from being blown out in any countries ...
Doh! I keep forgetting about Japan... well in my imaginary world where Japan doesn't exist, the 360 will reign surpreme!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)