By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's Natal versus Microsoft's Natal!

Louie said:
You guys are actually fighting over who used motion control first? Are you serious? I thought everyone hated those motion-controlled casual games and motion control was just a way to make games less hardcore?

I will never understand that...

sadly, this is very true...

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network
Louie said:
You guys are actually fighting over who used motion control first? Are you serious? I thought everyone hated those motion-controlled casual games and motion control was just a way to make games less hardcore?

I never said that. I even have a wii. But if you cared to read the OP you would see that he commited massive fail. I simply called him on it. This is a quote:

"Also poor Sony will be stuck ripping off Nintendo and Microsoft again. They will barely have their new motion controller out and if they want to continue competing ripping off Microsoft/Nintendo's camera recognition software will be necessary. Actually I bet you anything Sony scraps the wand and just moves straight onto recognition software for that new camera they showed off (Used for their new wand)"

So there.

Check out my game about moles ^

Staude said:
Louie said:

I never said that. I even have a wii. But if you cared to read the OP you would see that he commited massive fail. I simply called him on it. This is a quote:

"Also poor Sony will be stuck ripping off Nintendo and Microsoft again. They will barely have their new motion controller out and if they want to continue competing ripping off Microsoft/Nintendo's camera recognition software will be necessary. Actually I bet you anything Sony scraps the wand and just moves straight onto recognition software for that new camera they showed off (Used for their new wand)"

So there.

I was refering to the whole situation on the forum actually. It's like all of a sudden people are fighting over this whole motion control thing even though it was so unpopular just some months ago. I just used this thread explain my frustration Sorry if it sounded like a personal attack.

Louie said:
Staude said:
Louie said:

So there.

I was refering to the whole situation on the forum actually. It's like all of a sudden people are fighting over this whole motion control thing even though it was so unpopular just some months ago. I just used this thread explain my frustration Sorry if it sounded like a personal attack.

lol don't worry. It's just.. weird how people are all of a sudden forgetting sonys entrys with both their cameras and their sixaxis and proclaiming them to ripoff.. or whatever :p

Check out my game about moles ^

Staude said:
Louie said:
Staude said:
Louie said:

So there.

lol don't worry. It's just.. weird how people are all of a sudden forgetting sonys entrys with both their cameras and their sixaxis and proclaiming them to ripoff.. or whatever :p

The Six Axis was a rip off, Nintendo made tilt control back on the GameBoy Colour with Kirby Tilt and Tumble. As for the camera, yes the Eye Toy did pioneer camera technology but it never had true motion capture like Natal does. The Eye Toy was an interesting peripheral but it could never have run a program like Mylo. So if Sony uses its camera for full body recognition and as a motion control platform they will be ripping Microsoft off.

I have played with the Eye Toy before, it is nothing close to the motion capture system Microsoft is offering with Natal.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer