By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why pikmin didn't get sales and fame like other major nintendo franchises.

darthdevidem01 said:
killeryoshis said:
Valkyria00 said:
killeryoshis said:
Valkyria00 said:
Because its not that great.......

I did have fun with NPC but have no motivation to go back and play it more. I doubt I will be going getting NPC 2 or the new 3. It is fun but at the same time I dunno something about it....
I completely understand if people do like it though its just not my game.

I also think this game would have failed sales wise if it wasnt for Nintendo making it Im pretty sure most people agree. =P

you do know there are people who liked the game. You should try pikmin 2, it consider to
be a improvement of the first one

Err  yea I do know....I even say it in my post....

Yea I heard 2 was big improvment but I dunno I will probably get around to it eventually

I disagree with your deasion

I agree with valkyria's decision, it is both neutral & correct.

Als you CAN'T have pimin as a mascot as thye look like blobs

Zelda/Link, Mario/Luigi, Metroid all have a personality

Yeah blobs have hands and feet....Olimar and Louie than

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

Pikmin is a RTS, a genre which is very popular on PC, but not on consoles. I always hought that's the reason why it didn't become very popular.

People never speak about Pikmin when they discuss RTS console games - it's C&C, Halo Wars, LoTR, EndWar all the way.

Pikmin is a great and unique RTS game in my opinion, because it's completely different from most PC (or PC-ported console) RTS games. It was made by people who know better than anyone else that a console is not a PC. The Overlord clone showed that Nintendo did a lot of things right in Pikmin...

okr said:
Pikmin is a RTS, a genre which is very popular on PC, but not on consoles. I always hought that's the reason why it didn't become very popular.

People never speak about Pikmin when they discuss RTS console games - it's C&C, Halo Wars, LoTR, EndWar all the way.

Pikmin is a great and unique RTS game in my opinion, because it's completely different from most PC (or PC-ported console) RTS games. It was made by people who know better than anyone else that a console is not a PC. The Overlord clone showed that Nintendo did a lot of things right in Pikmin...

That's why Pikmin 7 will expand the RTS and make it popular on consoles.,

OT: That makes me wonder how'll it sell on PC

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

killeryoshis said:
okr said:

I think you may be getting ahead of yourself here...

ZZetaAlec said:
killeryoshis said:
okr said:

I think you may be getting ahead of yourself here...

If you knew the number you'll understand that I compared it to
Final fanesty 7 :)

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
darthdevidem01 said:
killeryoshis said:
Valkyria00 said:
killeryoshis said:
Valkyria00 said:
Because its not that great.......

I did have fun with NPC but have no motivation to go back and play it more. I doubt I will be going getting NPC 2 or the new 3. It is fun but at the same time I dunno something about it....
I completely understand if people do like it though its just not my game.

I also think this game would have failed sales wise if it wasnt for Nintendo making it Im pretty sure most people agree. =P

you do know there are people who liked the game. You should try pikmin 2, it consider to
be a improvement of the first one

Err  yea I do know....I even say it in my post....

Yea I heard 2 was big improvment but I dunno I will probably get around to it eventually

I disagree with your deasion

I agree with valkyria's decision, it is both neutral & correct.

Als you CAN'T have pimin as a mascot as thye look like blobs

Zelda/Link, Mario/Luigi, Metroid all have a personality

Yeah blobs have hands and feet....Olimar and Louie than

What other blobs have feet? (Grimer and Muk both have hands )
Pikmin do have personality. They kill things

It's a puzzle/strategy game. Not a combination known for setting charts alight.

I think its an issue of the franchise being much harder to understand than most other Nintendo franchises. Nintendo's most coveted franchises are all very straightforward in terms of basic scenario. "Save the princess, save the galaxy, raise and fight these monsters, race these karts." Pikmin is a strange game with strange characters and a strange goal. This is what hinders its ability to really rally to true popularity and greatness.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.