By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Oh Jasper, you're so quiet!

Long story short, my first 360 was a co-ownership with one of my brothers, who now moved to Ontario. (i'm in Vancouver) He bought out my share of the 360, so I had to buy a new one.

So I just bought my new 360, I get home to check the power brick to see what the W usage is and to my delight it is 150W, meaning my 360 is a Jasper.

I hook it all up, turn it on...and I hear a faint, almost....inaudible murmer. I'm shocked, blown away. The only 360 I've known was my original Xenon, (fixed once for RROD and given the Opus) and even when that was brand new, whenever I turned it on it sounded like it was ready to blast off and launch it's way to space. All of my friends have Zephyr's or Opus' as well, so I haven't even had close contact with a Falcon.

Silence...wonderful...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VflKiZzb4h4

Anybody else go through something similar?

Around the Network

Sweet. But is this universal for all Jaspers, that they're silent?

I got a Falcon that has been working since Januray of 2008. Loving it with no problems what so ever and on top of that its as quiet as the Jasper SKU.

yeah falcons are very similiar but even my launch xenon model wasnt really bad unless i put a game in and now that i can install games i barely even hear my xbox. Well i do hear my modded elite but thats because i soldered the fan connection to a 12v connection so they keep my box from overheating during long playing sessions next to this baby you wont ever think ur xbox is loud again.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Ive had every xbox made. Falcons, Jaspers, Zphyrs... when youre blasting people in gears or Halo with surroudn sound all 3 consoles sound the same.

Around the Network

My computer is louder than my Falcon with plus 2 fans. People that are complaining about noise are playing games on Mute.

monlosez said:
My computer is louder than my Falcon with plus 2 fans. People that are complaining about noise are playing games on Mute.

Or maybe I just have a keen sense of hearing? Also, if i'm playing a game like Lost Odyssey, I would definitely hear the Xbox chugging along, maybe not so much for a game like Call of Duty or Gears of War.

Also, it would be even more noticeable for me because if I played my 360 after having played my Wii or PS3, the difference was quite evident.

My friend had just bought a 360 with Jasper. Very queit. Much more so than my own, which is a falcon.

I hated it at first. But I install every game I play now anyhow, so I haven't noticed in months.

My 360 died from an E74 error. I'm not sure what they did but the console and disc drive is much more quiet. I assume its still using a Falcon board because I'm using the same AC adapter. I think the new parts are just quiet.

I just need 60gb hdd.