By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 3 runs at 640p native XD

If the Tetris graphics were unclear, then the game would be awful! Is that a four square? Maybe it's a long one! Gah! It glitched! Framerate down 1 to fps! Why is that L over there now? I couldn't see what I was doing! Noo! Grey bricks!

Also, it really seems like a non issue to me, so long as it plays well (gaming side), unless it was advertised dishonestly (business side). Then bend em over and ream em for it. Also, technology buffs would have complaints, but lets be fair, they are helping destroy gaming, so meh.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network
Fuzzmosis said:
If the Tetris graphics were unclear, then the game would be awful! Is that a four square? Maybe it's a long one! Gah! It glitched! Framerate down 1 to fps! Why is that L over there now? I couldn't see what I was doing! Noo! Grey bricks!

Also, it really seems like a non issue to me, so long as it plays well (gaming side), unless it was advertised dishonestly (business side). Then bend em over and ream em for it. Also, technology buffs would have complaints, but lets be fair, they are helping destroy gaming, so meh.

Yeah, but the OP had it like Halo 3's graphics *sucked*. While I would agree with your comment, I do find it a bit extreme. What you are describing sounds like an alpha release of Tetris! Glitches? 1fps framerates? On Tetris? Come on... that's a far cry from poo-pooing Halo 3 because it's in 640p!

I'm not saying that graphics aren't important, but that gameplay trumps graphics any day.

vs

Is it version below hopelessly inferior? I hope not!

To further play the devil's advocate, I guess since this game arguably sports the most spartan of graphics, it must stink to high heaven:

Actualy, that game does stink.

It's a cross word puzzle, yet many answers are phrases, including 5 letter ones like "eatme" to large ones like "victorybyanose" That is not a cross word puzzle, that is a cross-phrase puzzle. Although my screaming fit after finding out the clue "I" was actually the roman numeral may have made the purchase worth it for my friend who didn't stop laughing for a good 8 minutes.

See Ya George.

leo-j... how old are you dude?

Fuzzmosis said:
Actualy, that game does stink.

It's a cross word puzzle, yet many answers are phrases, including 5 letter ones like "eatme" to large ones like "victorybyanose" That is not a cross word puzzle, that is a cross-phrase puzzle. Although my screaming fit after finding out the clue "I" was actually the roman numeral may have made the purchase worth it for my friend who didn't stop laughing for a good 8 minutes.

I think it's wicked fun - that's what I'm playing now (Planet Puzzle League is next on the list) - I've always loved crosswords, and this beats erasing...

At least the NY Times crosswords aren't THAT hard - the ones from the Times crossword are impossible by comparison.

But the point stands IMO - graphics (and certainly resolution) doesn't a good game make. It's like saying Lair is twice as good in 1080p than in 720p!

And finally, we always have this gem of a game that if judged by graphics alone would get a big, fat zero yet was a cornerstone of what modern adventure games are today:

Edit: Fuzzmosis, if you think that the NY Times crossword is phrase-heavy you should take a stab at the Times crossword - they should be forced to provide rosetta stones to even understand what they are asking! To wit, an example:

Settle argument how the slave trade crumbled - one English stopped (4,3,4,4)

At least they are decent enough to say how many words - and letters the answer comprises!

Around the Network

So is Halo 3 a good game?

You don't actually have to see the pieces falling to play Tetris.

Yeah, that video's unreal! Did you ever catch the Ikaruga one? Absolutely insane!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToBdzV7w5Pc

Linky no worky Your mother.

I once found a site of all sorts of Ikaruga records and videos. Extremely impressive, rediculous scores + dot eaters (no kills) for all levels. Probably still exists.

Although that grand master game of tetris had a block save function, not sure if that is allowed in grand master games?

See Ya George.

your mother said:

Yeah, that video's unreal! Did you ever catch the Ikaruga one? Absolutely insane!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToBdzV7w5Pc

I haven't seen it... your link isn't working.

Edit: Oh, nice! Last Starfighter stuff