By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Classic Controller is Incesteous

ksv said:
The classic controller is only good for SNES games. For N64 games the GC controller is vastly superior, especially the Wavebird.

For NES games neither the classic nor the GC controller is useful. GC controller doesn't work due to the bad d-pad, and CC doesn't work because YOU CAN'T USE B AND A ON A SNES LAYOUT LIKE YOU USE B AND A ON A NES LAYOUT, NINTENDO!!!! They REALLY should release an update that lets you set Y to be B and B to be A......

It's worse playing Mario GBA games on a DS because there's no other control option. I don't see why you'd play an NES game with anything but a sideways Wiimote. Agree on the GC->N64 thing. I played through Ocarina of time with CC, and it was annoying.

More on topic. I should pick up another Clasic Controller before the mutant grows a set of legs.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

Around the Network

I love my Nyko wing for classic controller lie games (esp for Klonoa) but I really want a CC pro wireless.

I would kill for that.

lol

Soriku said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Z-targetting just doesn't work, or barely. You're holding the L button, then it suddenly removes it for some unknown reason, then you lose your target and get hit. I use the HOLD function in my Zelda games, I'm not a wussy that uses SWITCH damnit! xD

And when you try to aim for those Skulltulas with your Hookshot, Boomerang or even the Hookshot/Longshot or when you try to get Quiver/Deku Seed Bag upgrades or when you try to get Heart Pieces that require speed like Dampé's under a minute race, you need precision and this controller doesn't have any.

I switched to the GameCube controller, which is still the best controller ever made by the way, and most of the problems were fixed.

Hold? Ew. Switch is so much better. And it works really well with the CC too.

Also, aiming is really easy...

Don't know what you're talking about! :P

Oh, sorry. I have big hands and when I move my fingers on that silly little analog stick, my aiming goes from slow to super fast in 0.5 milliseconds.

I guess you wouldn't know how it feels to be a strong man...! ;)

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Soriku said:
lol. Not like the GC's control stick is any much bigger :P

We all know the value of the controller lies in the size of it's analog stick. My PSP cries itself to sleep every night for that reason.

Around the Network

The problem with the CC's analog sticks is that it's way too long and thin for no reason. Also, it's placed in the same way the analog sticks are on the DualShock, which never worked at all (I will admit that I never was a fan of the DualShock in the first place).

The one on the GameCube is not long and doesn't seem to automatically "attach" to a corner around the stick (hexagon shaped thingy... whatever you call it) when you move it, thus, you can make smaller movements of the analog stick and aim exactly where you want to in an easier way. Oh, plus, the C stick, which is not a real analog stick, works even better for playing those songs fast on the Ocarina than the other right analog stick on the CC... so that tells you how much the GC controller owns!

Man, I tried both and that's exactly how it feels like. I switched between them from time to time when it was too hard to aim for certain rupees for upgrades and stuff like that. I mean, I played OOT from last Sunday to Monday, I should know. Nintendo CAN screw up you know! xD

With all that said, the N64 controller was the best for that game... Now I want that multiple controller attachment ASAP Ninty!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

SHMUPGurus said:

With all that said, the N64 controller was the best for that game... Now I want that multiple controller attachment ASAP Ninty!

Ah, the N64 controller. How can you go wrong with a controller that can double as a trident if you get conscripted into gladiatorial combat?

What? It can't be worse than this, right?

And wow, this thing didn't look comfortable AT ALL! I'm glad they didn't release it!

Random game thought :

Not only that, it's analog sticks look like really saggy breasts. Don't you see it?

For some reason now, I have this strong desire to see someone killed by having an Atari 2600 controller stabbed into their eye. I think I need to go play some more MadWorld.

I actually feel the Gamecube controller is SUPERIOR to the N64 controller for playing N64 games.

Especially since XYZ doubles as C-stick left-right-up, and the location of the analog stick is more comfortable. I never understood the design of the N64 controller, what's with the huge d-pad, I never even played a N64 game that used it!

Sideways Wiimote is indeed the only way to play NES games on Wii, problem is to hold the wiimote sideways is not as comfortable as holding a NES controller. Tho I've seen shells you can get for the wiimote that gives you sidegrips which makes it very comfortable to hold, my in-laws have that, I should consider getting one for some long SMB3 sessions.