By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (Italian Job) Nintendo to realease new consoles on 2010

Really some Italian Newspaper claims this after the last E3:

An all new Wii in 2010
The plans of the giant Nintendo
Nintendo ready for the new version of the King of consoles.
Coming in stores starting in 2010 to keep ahead of Microsoft e Sony.
of JAIME D'ALESSANDRO

LOS ANGELES - The meeting was held in a hotel in Downtown during the Electronic Entertainment Expo, the exhibition dedicated to the world of electronic games which ended a few days ago in Los Angeles. On one side the managers of Nintendo, on the other the representatives of the other editors of the caliber of Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Activision. The subject? Two new consoles that the multinational of Super Mario will launch in stores respectively in October 2010 and end 2011.

The first, according to our source, will be a new version of the Wii, the most sold at this time of the home consoles, having exceeded 50 million units. But it is also the least powerful. That's why game developers are asking to have added at least one hard disk and a high definition HDMI port. The new Wii so it should have both. The second will be a portable console, more powerful of about three times compared to Ds and having a better screen. The technical specifications of both were revealed three weeks ago to the largest Japanese publishers of video games in Tokyo starting from Konami, Capcom, Namco Bandai and Square Enix.

"No, we do not have any plan about this" denies Shigeru Miyamoto, the creative mind of Nintendo and principal architect of the success of Wii and DS along with Satoru Iwata, the president of the company in Kyoto. 'It is obvious that we are constantly looking for innovations, "says Miyamoto.
"But it is never a question of hardware. It is crucial for us to bring the best for the most affordable price."
Except that now the others, Microsoft and Sony, are moving in the direction of Nintendo trying alternatives to the traditional joypad and lowering the price of their console. This forces Miyamoto & Co. to react in one way or another.
Beyond the official denials.
(8 June 2009)

http://www.repubblica.it/2009/01/sezioni/tecnologia/videogiochi-world/piani-nintendo/piani-nintendo.html

How good if the "Repubblica" as Newspaper and what the heck are they trying to say by "Our Sources"

Around the Network

I'm italian, all I can say is that our country is doing very bad things in a lot of sectors: i hope Videogames fakes will not be the next...

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

From what I understand, the article says that Nintendo will be pushing a new handheld and a new console at the same time. That doesn't make sense.

I could see Nintendo releasing an improved version of the Wii. MS has released improved versions of the Xbox 360.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

@Buzzi, Italy is one of my fav. holiday destinations but i agree, the country is corrupt and falling apart in alot of areas. Media especially is basically owned by the PM Berlusconi. I would hesitate to trust the source.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Not gonna happen.

Won't see anything about new home consoles until E3 of 2011 at the earliest.

Around the Network

Well, it appears to be a real, general circulation newspaper website.

The timing seems right for both. But it just seems a bit ... fishy.

Mike from Morgantown

ADD -- The story (with refernece back to this article) has been picked up by the Italian tech website vnunet.it

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Lol @ made up stuff in that article. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

FreeTalkLive said:
From what I understand, the article says that Nintendo will be pushing a new handheld and a new console at the same time. That doesn't make sense.

I could see Nintendo releasing an improved version of the Wii. MS has released improved versions of the Xbox 360.

Not unprecedented: recall the 1-2 punch of GBA and GC in August and November 2001

On topic: The only reason i would say this is fake is because of all the games they have lined up for 2010. I mean, it's possible that the next Zelda slides into 2011, equally so for Dragon Quest X.

I still stand with my prediction: the 2010 wave of software will be the last big wave, with a couple heavy hitters in early 2011, supplemented by 3rd party efforts, and the replacement will come in without having to endure the hideous, late-term drought that the GameCube went through.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

from the article it seems its a different SKU of wii not a brand new console

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

I think that Nintendo may ANNOUNCE new consoles in 2010 and 2011.

I Have an extreme tolerance to voice-work in video games. I didn't mind Vanille in FFXIII...