By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I think I've committed a sin against you guys...

For something that they "can't even tell the difference of", you sure can spend quite a bit of money! Even almost ~500$ on a ps3, look at you big spender! Just a random gift out of the blue like that! 500$ WOW. I wish you were my dad.

Yes, rules are actually very healthy for kids. But like I just said, irrational rules often become points of friction.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
For something that they "can't even tell the difference of", you sure can spend quite a bit of money! Even almost ~500$ on a ps3, look at you big spender! Just a random gift out of the blue like that! 500$ WOW. I wish you were my dad.

Yes, rules are actually very healthy for kids. But like I just said, irrational rules often become points of friction.

Wow, really? You are increadably nieve to think that this could not be a real situation. A guy goes out wanting to buy a gaming system for his kids, he's unsure what system to get, but he's heard the name PS a lot and thinks, "hmmm I bet my kids would like that." he gets to the store where an employee is graciouse enough to tell him tat a Wii might be the better choice, then explains why. The guy buys it. 

And who said anything about irrational rules? 

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

@ironman

Even better, he could have just sold them a used ps2 for 70$ and told him about modding, or 3 used ds phats for roughly 260$ and then told him to order 3 R4s from offline! Or he could just buy them each a TI-83 calculator for 240$, because they will need it for school soon anyways and you can put games on it.
Shit I bet he could find a ps1 for 30$, or OMG THE BEST a LEAPFROG! Those are specifically geared towards children and are very cheap and have no loading times!!! It's not like they'd be able to tell the difference anyways.

ironman said:
theprof00 said:

Wow, really? You are increadably nieve to think that this could not be a real situation. A guy goes out wanting to buy a gaming system for his kids, he's unsure what system to get, but he's heard the name PS a lot and thinks, "hmmm I bet my kids would like that." he gets to the store where an employee is graciouse enough to tell him tat a Wii might be the better choice, then explains why. The guy buys it. 

And who said anything about irrational rules? 

It's possible, I'll give you that. But it is obviously the least likely, anybody here can tell you that. We should ask Bug to get more info. That will solve this little arguement.

An irrational rule: I bought you this, you are going to be grateful and like it.

A good rule: Eat your vegetables.

theprof00 said:
@ironman

Even better, he could have just sold them a used ps2 for 70$ and told him about modding, or 3 used ds phats for roughly 260$ and then told him to order 3 R4s from offline! Or he could just buy them each a TI-83 calculator for 240$, because they will need it for school soon anyways and you can put games on it.
Shit I bet he could find a ps1 for 30$, or OMG THE BEST a LEAPFROG! Those are specifically geared towards children and are very cheap and have no loading times!!! It's not like they'd be able to tell the difference anyways.

Hehe, this is fun! You seem hellbent on selling only PS, PS2, PS3, oh and 3 used Ds's and  Texas Instruments calculators LMAO. It's HIGHLY unlikely that a guy who doesn't know much about gaming could mod a console. I'm sure he wanted to buy a system that would work for the whole family, and he probably wanted a new system, not a used one, after all, he didn't ask about used PS3s did he? Why are you so hell bent against a guy buying a Wii because it fits the needs of his family the most?   

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network

good job im glad you didnt sell the guy something he really doesnt need when an alternate is available that better suits him and is half the price

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

The point here is whether his kids asked for this, or whether he wanted to surprise them with something.

If they asked for the PS3, you did good by him but bad by his kids.

If he was going to surprise them with something they didn't ask for, I think you did okay.

Why are you so hell bent against a guy buying a Wii because it fits the needs of his family the most?

Because it says nothing of the sort in the OP. It says he bought it because they didn't know the difference anyway, and it was cheaper. Why are you so hell bent on imagining unlikely scenarios that fit in with your theory?

That post has nothing to do with actually selling them those things, but more of a sarcastic question of "where does one draw the line?".

If you wanna get into a debate about how unlikely it is for him to actually do this on the spur of the moment without any background, especially when it seems like they already have a console at home and he has access to more than enough input, then we should address that directly.

Man you guys could have avoided a lot of talking by just asking off the bat whether this was a surprise gift or not.

Oh man... now because of you the ps3(c3ll powaa!) has 7,999,999 units more to sell before they catch up!

lol.

You should've shown that guy the *insert long-ass list of games that are going to come out in the future* and I dunno... a puppy! to convince him to buy a ps3(cell powaa!)

Or something like that.