By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft might have touched the casual audience..

xcot said:
girls are casual?

Any guy who says that, needs to find a different girl to be with. lol

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
Unfortunate some people don't know Milo is smoke and mirrors atm. I'm sure excited for Natal though.

I'm sure the actual video was scripted- so i would take the effects with a grain of salt. There is the fact, however, that MS is advertising such advanced technology in the first place. One would have to think that the experience would be similar to that of Milo- if even to a lesser degree.

sethnintendo said:
xcot said:
girls are casual?

I wasn't really trying to state they are casuals.  I know a few girls/women that play video games probably more than most guys.  I was just trying to talk about expanding audiences which I felt girls/women were pretty neglected especially during the PS2/GCN/Xbox era.  Sure there were some games for them but not many.  Handhelds probably have always catered to them more but it seemed like home consoles usually ignored them.  Now it is becoming more obvious that companies are trying to focus on them more. 

Lol it wasn't directed at you >_<

I didn't even see your post XD

Twilightman on Gametrailers

^Yea, I kind of forgot leo-j stated his response to increase casuals was his friends that are girls emailing him.

Natal + no innovation = Ps Eye toy (yes M$ is biting)
PS3 motion controller is not copying WII, but innovating a motion controller, by the way sixaxis were registered before WII mote......live and learn

Around the Network

Yes everyone seems to know bout natal, my brother who is about as casual as a gamer gets (still plays ps2 exclusively) is thinking bout getting xbox 360 cuz he saw something bout natal at work.

There were girls on the internets??

Anyway, yes, MS does seem to be doing quite well with attracting interest from everyone, gamers, media and non gamers. Sony is yet to do this to be honest

i think they have. there installed base in north america is as big as the PS3s
world wide installed base. so i think all type of gamers are buying the 360

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
very cool, alot of my co-workers ar very exicted for "natal" and cant wait to buy it.

Me to. My work friends and family, many who dont have 360 are already asking when it's out so they can go and buy it. Also many intersted in voice recognition for playing DVD's and turning console on and off. Be awesome. Your 360 could be on for 4 hours and watch a film and play some games and not touch a single controller. Brilliant.

Hey I was thinking No need for keyboards for messages. You can just say what you want written. Voice keyboard.

But yeah, Natal has definately got on casuals lips.

G4 is partially sponsored by MS, Sony doesn't give a fuck about G4....as a matter of fact fuck g4. Sony already patented Voice Keyboard for PC. Live and learn