By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should we be concerned about prototype?

Usually a lot of reviews are done pre-release using nearly completed builds. These sometimes get done a couple of months in advance to make the magazine copy deadlines.

So either there is an embargo or no copies were sent out. In movies, similar actions are used to quell bad reviews of a movie that will open well and then disappear (it is always a quality warning sign when there is no screening for critics).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/prototype/5383

it's for PS3, 360 and PC. Check out the trailers.

It releases tomorrow so that is awfully close to not have more reviews. And thats usually a bad sign. A company lets them go out sooner for more hype when they know there will be good scores. I fear this is choice A) from the OP. I predict it to still be good game though in the high 7's, maybe low 8's.

good question. Infamous Reviews came out weeks before it released. I've never seen a game as hyped as prototype have only 1 review the day before it released. That kind of makes me think the reviews aren't going to be very good. However, the one review I've seen is a 9/10 so who knows.

When does it release? I havent seen anything about it since inFamouse released. And prior to that the only time i saw something on prototype was when comparing it to inFamous.

Sardauk said:
D_Boy said:
I'm picking up Prototype either way. Why would we be worried? Why would we be concerned? I don't get it. It's like being concerned for the well being of a shell on the beach.

Well.. Prototype "looks" faster and way more intense (and mean..) then Infamous...

But since Infamous is there and has received positive reviews already, it is legitimate to wait for the reviews on Prototype before making a choice..

No ?

You are right. The thing is though, I already have the funds set aside for both Infamous and Prototype. I'm buying both.

Around the Network

PS3 version sales will probably be bad considering a lot of this audience has already been taken by infamous.

And well Prototype was already delayed several months after receiving first feedback from press orginally it was going to be released in 2008.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

gamer 1: did you hear? ign gave infamous a 9.2
gamer 2: who cares? nitendo just announced two new mario games a new zelda and a metroid by team ninja.
gamer 1:sweet! what were we talking about before?
gamer 2 :idk, your mom?

dsister44...you are pretty funny...watch out for the hear typo though. I read it...and was thinking "Did you here?" Is that a new meme? But I realised it wasn't...and was relieved.

decided to check out radical entertainment's developing history

They made games like..

The Simpsons: Hit & Run (PS2)
Scarface : The World is yours
Crash bandicoot (not the good ones)

I have serious doubts about the game now.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:
decided to check out radical entertainment's developing history

They made games like..

The Simpsons: Hit & Run (PS2)
Scarface : The World is yours
Crash bandicoot (not the good ones)

I have serious doubts about the game now.

yeah, when activision was dropping games. they dropped brutal legends and ghostbusters, but kept the bad one?

and you forgot the hulk: ultimate destruction. which was a open world game that was pure awesome