By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which tennisgame as a gift?? Grand Slam Tennis or Virtua Tennis?

Has anyone played Virtua and Grandslam yet?
Are there any impressions?

Around the Network

i also wanna buy one of those games but have no clue which one O_o

Improvements are caused by people who complain

The Official Nintendo Magazine gave the edge to Grand Slam Tennis: 90% vs 79% [http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=84972].

Both games have career and onlines mode an offer a nice rooster of licensed players, but only GST has some of the retired stars. Also, Grand Slam Tennis looks significantly better than Virtua Tennis. Ultimately, the best game will be the one with the best controls. Both support Wii Motion Plus (in this mode buttons are not used in any of the two games), which is bundled with GST in Europe for a reduced price. I couldn't find any of the reviews but IGN seems pretty impressed with Grand Slam Tennis -- they say the controls are not perfect but are close -- while the point out SEGA has been kind of hiding Virtua Tennis Motion Plus implementation, which they think is a bad sign.

Monteblanco said:
The Official Nintendo Magazine gave the edge to Grand Slam Tennis: 90% vs 79% [http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=84972].

Both games have career and onlines mode an offer a nice rooster of licensed players, but only GST has some of the retired stars. Also, Grand Slam Tennis looks significantly better than Virtua Tennis. Ultimately, the best game will be the one with the best controls. Both support Wii Motion Plus (in this mode buttons are not used in any of the two games), which is bundled with GST in Europe for a reduced price. I couldn't find any of the reviews but IGN seems pretty impressed with Grand Slam Tennis -- they say the controls are not perfect but are close -- while the point out SEGA has been kind of hiding Virtua Tennis Motion Plus implementation, which they think is a bad sign.

Yeah, I saw the ONM reviews.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.