By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII confirmed PS3 exclusive by S-E

This week Nomura was interviewed by Famitsu, but no new details have emerged. Here's a translation I wrote:

· Nomura was never involved in the creation of any Final Fantasy title as deeply he is right now, and he likes the fact he can take Final Fantasy Versus XIII where he wants it to be.

· Nomura says the PlayStation 3 hardware plays a huge part in the development of both projects, and by using it "all visions can come true". He says that visual-wise both Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII are superior from any former title in the franchise, and they are "close to perfection".

· As in any interview, Nomura was asked about the game's exclusivity. This time he mentioned that the TGS 2007 trailers had the writing "for PlayStation 3 ONLY". He says it's an advantage for one team to concentrate on one console, even if some fans are disappointed.

http://www.forever-fantasy.net/images/news/september_famitsu_fnc_nomura.jpg

We pretty much knew this anyway but now it is completely official. I like the part about that the PS3 enables S-E to fulfil their visions with these games. It also makes for an exciting 08 when we see what Kitase and Nomura have instore and what exactly their visions are and what Nomura does with the first Final Fantasy game that he can do whatever he likes it. 

Around the Network

Nah, they're bluffing... :)

i hope ffvs13 comes out in 08.

i fully agree with him on the part about exclusivity. games made for one platform are easier to make better (not great, cause that comes from design). and no one is seriously disappointed by him saying its ps3 only since of course its ps3 only.

i think that with this generation we will see the last of the cutscenes, next gen it will be all in-game even for se. games have such a high quality bar now that i feel all games should use only the in-game engine since it makes it more convincing since u never get pulled out.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Did any honestly expect other wise.

It would not surprise me if sony was partially funding their development with it it sounding like Square is using all the juice the PS3 is capable of for this game, and thats quite the costly endeavor to get into.

i still hope for a port 6-12 months after it comes out for PS3. But ive always said this title is much more likely to stay exclusive than MGS4, so im not too hopeful lol

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Great! I'm glad to know that FFXIII and Versus are only on the PS3.

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design." - Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto

PSN joshmyersBV Global rank in Warhawk: 1734 Rank: Wing Leader Over 200 Mine kills

Why can't they tell us when it's coming out? >_

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

im pretty sure that they have as much of a clue about the release as we do.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Can't wait.. Nomura is a genious.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Well. Here's to hoping SE corporate forces them to change their minds. I guess it doesn't matter, even if it were to be ported it would go to the 360 and not the Wii. So I would still be shut out.

This games does look pretty awesome. Maybe Wii will get some sort of spin-off built ground up for the Wii. I could live with that.