By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Watch celebrities play with Project Natal at E3

I thought you said celebrities.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

Around the Network

Many opposite fanboys on this site are the ones trying to dig holes in this. M$ are on to a winner here. And people dont like it. M$ havent forgotten core gamers either which is equally disturbing to them. But Natal is gonna be big. It really is. And it's sooner than you all think. That genuinely looks like fun compared to the wii.

And this proves Natal is much more than a in development product. It's fully working right now. Minor tweaks is all they will do. And celebrity backing is THE biggest thing in todays world. M$ are on to a gold mine. Like I said, people have made more ludicrous claims than me saying PS3 can still win the gen, M$ now have the best chance against Nintendo.

Based on these videos, Wiimote wins x 1000. Those people *look* like fools - its impossible to use that flailing around for a PR campaign!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

i thought it was interesting that two issues were highlighted. One of the celebs said im shorter than the avatar on screen and also the background was white. Nothing else to distract the camera.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

Why are the very people who slammed motion controls saying how good this looks? Sigh..

Ok here's a question, how the hell does Natal know if it's a boy or girl playing? without being told? and it put a ponytail on Brittany, but how does it see the back of her head? This tech is awesome.

megaman79 said:
i thought it was interesting that two issues were highlighted. One of the celebs said im shorter than the avatar on screen and also the background was white. Nothing else to distract the camera.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. The background was white because................................. it's 360's colour. Duh. Like I said opposite fanboys are trying so hard to find holes. Will you cry when it sells by the country load???????????

puffy said:
Why are the very people who slammed motion controls saying how good this looks? Sigh..

Because they had some very real criticisms of the Wiimote and the new interfaces haven't yet had to face the light of reality?

Lets see:

• Strong IR light interferes with the Wiimote pointer. (Sunlight, lightbulbs, IR Led sources)
  • The pointer is not 1:1, if you attach a laser pointer to the Wiimote the red dot is nowhere near the curser.
  • The Wiimote does not register accelleration of less than 20cm/s so it doesn't do subtle very well and hence where the 'waggle' term came from.
  • The Wiimote pointer does not always calibrate well to some TV setups (Too large TV, too far away)
  • Many of the Wiimotes motion features require line of sight to the sensor bar
  • Motion controls were used to replace buttons, but the repitition of movements can be quite tiring. See responsiveness above as well.

Tease.

selnor said:
megaman79 said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. The background was white because................................. it's 360's colour. Duh. Like I said opposite fanboys are trying so hard to find holes. Will you cry when it sells by the country load???????????

I thought it was Lime green?

Tease.