By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most milked franchises 

Isn't wario, yoshi, peach, and luigi spinoffs of mario? If you counted them (and their sales) into the mario pile the milkage becomes only bigger.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
nojustno said:
ITT: most successful franchises.

srsly who cares what some company decides to ''milk''. More quality games = good

lack of originality = bad.

guitar hero and mario. Also anything with the word "wii" in the title.

Mario and Final Fantasy. They make too many of those in a year.

I think you need to divide the total amount of games by the number of years the franchise has been around, to get a Games Per Year (GPY) amount for each franchise.

While Mario and Sonic are basically tied, Mario's been around for a decade longer, so Sonic gets milked harder and faster.

Around the Network

....... Sonic doesn't have that many spinoffs though.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I think you need to divide the total amount of games by the number of years the franchise has been around, to get a Games Per Year (GPY) amount for each franchise.

While Mario and Sonic are basically tied, Mario's been around for a decade longer, so Sonic gets milked harder and faster.

Sonic sells that good? Comparing to Mario and FF.

Final Fantasy
Sports games
Guitar Hero
Sonic
I can't agree with Mario, cause the Mario that isn't Mario Party because the Mario *insert fancy sport* comes one per system, the 2D or 3D usually (just to add SMG2) is one per system from the NES time, then there is Mario Kart that also is 1 per system. And all of them keep being fresh.

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

Strategyking92 said:
....... Sonic doesn't have that many spinoffs though.

I just played his Olympics game and racing game at E3.  He also has other racers, fighters, party games, and even his own Puyo Puyo game.  He actually has more spinoffs, but you don't remember them as well because they don't sell like Mario Kart and Mario Party.

Honestly even though I love the series I'm plain tired of Metal Gear Solid.