By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rockstar Develops Agent Exclusively Out of Confidence in PlayStation

Steroid said:
If you wanna be my luvah! MS just laid of 17% of its workforce. People said the Titanic couldn't sink. That Lehman Bros couldn't go bankrupt. Milo, Vista Zune, X-Box. When your boat starts taking on that much water (fail) you might want to tone down arrogance.

For you. ;D

Oh and you're throwing around the word "fanboy" pretty liberally. The PS3 is the only Sony console I've ever owned. Plus I have a 360 and a Wii. My opinions are objective, you're just spewing lies.

Yes, unlike Sony, Microsoft actuaully wants to make money. It is cutting cost. Many companies are. Microsoft is obligated to its shareholders to maximize profits. Microsoft is reducing its work force to meet market demands and maintain healthy returns on investments.

And what lies have I been spewing?

I also find it very hard to believe that you are supposed to be objective. Your posts pretty much defy all logic to paint the PS3 as the best thing sinced sliced bread. I am assuming you are trying to convince yourself of your objectivity?

And you're right, Sony is sinking.

I'm not a fanboy, I just try to tip the balance in favor of logic and common sense.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
Squilliam said:
Usually you would hype the game up until about 1 month before release, then announce that its multi-plat and bathe in the free publicity.

*Not that its what I think will happen*

At that point, fanboys of the system the game was on, suddenly stop saying that the game is "THE BEST GAME EVA!" to either ignoring it completely or saying it will suck, OR will end up pitching the Vs version of the game as "THE BEST GAME EVA!"

Oh nonono thats not what happens.  The game bathes in free Sony fan hype on the train which can run for years without serious maintenence. Then some months before the games released, it goes multi-plat so the Xbox 360 fans who all LOVE a stolen PS3 exclusive climb aboard the hype train as well. Then 1 month before release the developer says its better on the PS3, when it looks almost exactly the same or worse and thus reignite the PS3 fan hype. Hmm, Reminds me of GTA IV.

Tease.

"2) Everyone expected the Playstation 3 to completely obliterate the competition once it launched, because of the Playstation brands amazing performance last gen. The Xbox 360 is surpassing expectations and manages to shift more software than the PS3."

Wrong.

Once Ps3 was announced at $599 USD, nobody expected it to oblierate anything. Everyone was making fun of the design (george foreman grill, tanning bed, etc) and saying they'd wait for a price drop.

IIRC people were calling Wii the next big thing and that it would be a hot Xmas item that would be very hard to find...similar to Tickle Me Elmo. People also compared Wii to the iPod for it's simple design, layout, and low price...I remember one report saying something like "wii will be as popular as ipods"... and it turned out to be true.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

jcp234 said:
Steroid said:
If you wanna be my luvah! MS just laid of 17% of its workforce. People said the Titanic couldn't sink. That Lehman Bros couldn't go bankrupt. Milo, Vista Zune, X-Box. When your boat starts taking on that much water (fail) you might want to tone down arrogance.

For you. ;D

Oh and you're throwing around the word "fanboy" pretty liberally. The PS3 is the only Sony console I've ever owned. Plus I have a 360 and a Wii. My opinions are objective, you're just spewing lies.

Yes, unlike Sony, Microsoft actuaully wants to make money. It is cutting cost. Many companies are. Microsoft is obligated to its shareholders to maximize profits. Microsoft is reducing its work force to meet market demands and maintain healthy returns on investments.

I also find it very hard to believe that you are supposed to be objective. Your posts pretty much defy all logic to paint the PS3 as the best thing sinced sliced bread. I am assuming you are trying to convince yourself of your objectivity?

Ok you keep swinging those green pom-poms for MS so they can make money. Sony is offering more to the gamers who own their system. Not boning them for overpriced add on's and services: (dead HD-DVD drive, $100 60gg HDD (Omfg?) XBL fees, controller batteries, $100 wifi)? Unless you own MS stock defending these practices is not only strange but massicistic.

To each his own I guess. That's not my thing though.

Build up the hype(/advertise) for that game and you have 1million(mini)-5million(max)

Around the Network
infamous8 said:
"2) Everyone expected the Playstation 3 to completely obliterate the competition once it launched, because of the Playstation brands amazing performance last gen. The Xbox 360 is surpassing expectations and manages to shift more software than the PS3."

Wrong.

Once Ps3 was announced at $599 USD, nobody expected it to oblierate anything. Everyone was making fun of the design (george foreman grill, tanning bed, etc) and saying they'd wait for a price drop.

IIRC people were calling Wii the next big thing and that it would be a hot Xmas item that would be very hard to find...similar to Tickle Me Elmo. People also compared Wii to the iPod for it's simple design, layout, and low price...I remember one report saying something like "wii will be as popular as ipods"... and it turned out to be true.

Regardless...developers, the media, and Sony fanboys all thought the PS3 would obliterate the competition...

Sony still expected it to perform well considering the price and Sony fanboys did as well!

Especially when early in the launch it was selling out...only to be resold on ebay!

Many claimed the Wii was a fad for the longest.....reality is just setting in for many that the Wii is really changing the game and is here to stay.

I'm not a fanboy, I just try to tip the balance in favor of logic and common sense.

@steroid... yeah, the $100 wifi, MS points complications, and XBL fees are what turned me to Ps3.

also the 360 freezing, excessively loud system, oversized powerbrick, easily scratched discs, and lack of good games this year also turned me to Ps3.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

Steroid said:
jcp234 said:
Steroid said:

For you. ;D

Ok you keep swinging those green pom-poms for MS so they can make money. Sony is offering more to the gamers who own their system. Not boning them for overpriced add on's and services: (dead HD-DVD drive, $100 60gg HDD (Omfg?) XBL fees, controller batteries, $100 wifi)? Unless you own MS stock defending these practices is not only strange but massicistic.

To each his own I guess. That's not my thing though.

LOL I do not want or need Blu Ray or Wireless. I have ALWAYS preferred a wired connection to a wireless connection (Verizon FiOs). I am not going to pay extra for features I am not interested in, sorry.

And I am quite happy with X-box live. Especially the integrated Netflix service. You should try it.

And I would rather shake my pom-poms for Microsoft than let you spread this Sony propaganda.

Microsoft allows me the option to purchase the added features I want, not force it into the console and offer the console at a bloated price.

If you have Sony stock, you should probably sell it before things get worse, but I am sure Sony will make it through this.

I just have a thing against fanboys.

jcp234 said:
infamous8 said:

Wrong.

Regardless...developers, the media, and Sony fanboys all thought the PS3 would obliterate the competition...

Sony still expected it to perform well considering the price and Sony fanboys did as well!

Especially when early in the launch it was selling out...only to be resold on ebay!

Many claimed the Wii was a fad for the longest.....reality is just setting in for many that the Wii is really changing the game and is here to stay.

Perhaps you just read too much into forums.

I didnt post at any game forums and only casually read articles back when Ps3 and Wii were launched. I thought it was pretty much common sense that Ps3 would NOT obliterate anything when it came out.

A $600 console, with an unproven and unpopular format (BluRay), and an older system (Ps2) that still had a lot of good games coming out for it.

However, this gen is far from over and I do think Ps3 will pick up a lot of steam when there's a price drop. If they sell it for $300 USD this Xmas it's going to sell like crazy. BluRay is also more popular now. And since Ps2 is pretty much done with, Sony devs can focus on Ps3 and it's starting to show with great games like KZ2, inFamous, God of War III, etc.

infamous8 said:

Perhaps you just read too much into forums.

I didnt post at any game forums and only casually read articles back when Ps3 and Wii were launched. I thought it was pretty much common sense that Ps3 would NOT obliterate anything when it came out.

A $600 console, with an unproven and unpopular format (BluRay), and an older system (Ps2) that still had a lot of good games coming out for it.

However, this gen is far from over and I do think Ps3 will pick up a lot of steam when there's a price drop. If they sell it for $300 USD this Xmas it's going to sell like crazy. BluRay is also more popular now. And since Ps2 is pretty much done with, Sony devs can focus on Ps3 and it's starting to show with great games like KZ2, inFamous, God of War III, etc.

A $600 console which can still be used to play top of the line games 3 years later, or a $600 PC which would be struggling? Value really does depend on a lot of things. The only difference is that the $600 PC gets an automatic quick start but it declines rapidly, whilst that PS3 still has yet to peak.

Tease.