By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamestop charging $5 OVER MSRP for Wii Motion +, DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM!

Damn we in Sweden pay around 37$ for one M+.

Guess I'll have to buy 4 games that have M+ included, no way in hell I pay for stand alone ones

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
axumblade said:
JHawkNH said:
They figure that Motion+ will be sold out everywhere else, so they will be able to charge a premium. And unfortunetly they will get it.

So far it's a no go on Motion+ being sold out everywhere. We still have a ton of it at my store....and with bundles being out, I don't see us running out any time soon. Still selling well but they actually gave enough product out for a launch for once (who saw that one coming!)

I don't think anyone expects the individual units to sell until Wii Sports Resort is released. Then they will start to sell very well with people wanting to play multiplayer sports games with their families and friends. And the bundles will definitely help keep the single units in stock. A ton of these will sell in some way shape or form by the end of the year...

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

This is nothing new.

Gamestop did this with the Zapper and the Wii Wheel. And it has done it with software (DS games Kirby Ultra Star and Starfy come to mind).

The only difference this time is that it is the only retailer doing this -- rather than one among many taking an additional mark-up on the item.

That's why it is getting attention.

Mike from Morgantown

PS -- Best Buy locally has plenty of them at MSRP. I am surprised it did not add an upcharge as well since I am in a secondary market and some items are increased a few percent over the regular price.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Davey1983 said:

Forgive me, but what is the point of calling Nintendo?  Nintendo can't do anything about it-- it is illegal for them to tell Gamestop what to charge for WM+.  MSRP is just the reccommended price.  While I personally do not like Gamestop, I don't see what they are doing is wrong (I once saw a professor make a point about this very thing by selling a box of donuts for two tickets to Hawaii-- it is alright as long as the seller and buyer are both willing participants).  If you can get it cheaper some where else, then buy it somewhere else.  Gamestop will lower their prices if the product is not selling.   

Quoted for truth

In addition, some of you are complaining about how GS feeds on consumers who don't know any better.  Well to that I say maybe the consumer should be smart and do some research before buying.  Dumb customers are not GS's fault.  And seriously, which company is gonna choose a lower retail price if the higher price brings them in more profit?  I don't particularly like GS at all but what they're doing is not only legal, it makes good business sense for them.  Just as it makes good business sense for consumers to buy WM+ somewhere else.

theprof00 said:
at gamestop you pay for the atmosphere and experience. :D

lmao! The staff is friendly at my local gamestop