By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamestop charging $5 OVER MSRP for Wii Motion +, DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM!

I'll try to spread the word

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

This story appears to be picking up steam, it was in USA Today today (crazy) on G4, and on the MTV gaming blog as well. :)

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

I bet you can buy a used one one day for the price as a new one everywhere else........

i didnt know i got ripped $5 from gamestop for buying links crossbow. thanks for the warning. i wont ever shop at gamestop again. hell they might even open their games and rewrap it to sell as new for all i know. amazon is the best place for a bad economy and taxes keep getting higher every damn year.

LOL, that's true, GS has always and STILL sells Pinball Hall of Fame : The Williams Collection for Wii for $20 used, and that's the price it has always been everywhere else new.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Around the Network

@radioiorobert: Honestly, we haven't been selling that many Tiger Wood's games at all. I worked there the past few days and haven't sold one copy. I haven't nor will I thanks to you, tell them to go elsewhere because no one has bought it. So, in a sense, that's a good ending for the customer and me, too.

If you read this, slap yourself.

PS3 Trophies

I had no idea GS was holding guns to people's heads, forcing them to buy WM+ for 5 bucks more.

Forgive me, but what is the point of calling Nintendo?  Nintendo can't do anything about it-- it is illegal for them to tell Gamestop what to charge for WM+.  MSRP is just the reccommended price.  While I personally do not like Gamestop, I don't see what they are doing is wrong (I once saw a professor make a point about this very thing by selling a box of donuts for two tickets to Hawaii-- it is alright as long as the seller and buyer are both willing participants).  If you can get it cheaper some where else, then buy it somewhere else.  Gamestop will lower their prices if the product is not selling.   

Broncos724 said:
I had no idea GS was holding guns to people's heads, forcing them to buy WM+ for 5 bucks more.

It is not a just any gun they are are useing. It is the LIGHTGUN!!!!!

Now I know where to buy my set when everyone else is sold out. :)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.