By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - E3: Wii HD (Iwata speaks)

Good point. Aligning the emotional content of the art with the intent of the game is very important, and possibly more important than aesthetics.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

And finally the nonsense "WII HD!!!!1!" shall stop!

Or will it?

"How hard would it be to randomize facial features and skin tones? That's what we want, to feel like we're killing hundreds of different people. Not a bunch of clones or twins. We want to know, deep down, that there are hundreds of grieving mothers out there, lamenting the terror of our dreaded blade."

Cracked.com ( http://www.cracked.com/article_16196_p4.html ), saying the Hardcore gamers' dark truth. And it's Hell True.

if they made a wii hd console i think i would feel cheated because i would hate to have to buy an new one....which i would not do unless mine broke

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

Iwata is wright, why having Wii HD now? They can go on for a lot of time with this console, they can do like DSi: giving more life to Wii with a HD console, but just in 2-3 years, just to have good sales for other time and start developing the real Wii 2.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Isn't it funny how all the industry pundunts said Nintendo would have to make a Wii HD to remain competitive but instead it's the competition that's now copying Wii to remain competitive.

I agree, while HD would be nice, I don't think it would increase Wii sales much but it sure would increase development costs so why would Nintendo bother?

Around the Network

Gamerace, it is kinda funny.

I think HD Nintendo games would be nice too, but I don't want to buy another console and there are lots of things way more important than graphics to me... like showing me that my VC and WiiWare games will be movable. That thought pops in my head every time I want to download a game. Ease my mind Nintendo, give me confirmation.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

2011, people. Count on it

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Well, if what I heard about San Andreas is right, they can simply make Wii games 1080i using some software trick. After all, the Wii is more powerful than the PS2.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

@kylohk
and Laser Hockey would run 15fps ?

I want Wii2 in 2012 that is capable to output 720p of complicated character models and environments in constant 60fps... and cost no more than $250.
I think it's plausible.

(\__/)
( -'.'-)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

I agree with the sentiment that resolution is greatly overrated. I have a PC capable of higher resolutions than the PS3 and 360 can handle and I have a 28" wide screen monitor and the effect of increasing resolution to the highest levels in a game is only a marginal improvement in quality.

However, I think the Wii would benefit greatly from a GPU with a more sophisticated shader model.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck