By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - what do you guys think?

some people were a bit disapointed by nintendo´s E3 but if you think about it they gave us most of we wanted. galaxy, metroid, new mario bros. and zeldda eventhough it was not announced on the actuall e3 they announced it on the same week just a few days later. I am sure that though they did not show videos for it they will release it around the time they release galaxy2 and maybe before microsoft releases natal and sony releases their wiimote. so ARE YOU GUYS STILL DISAPOINTED BYT NINTENDO´S ANNOUNCEMENTS THIS WEEK?

Around the Network

What people that actually own a Wii/DS and are interested in their Wii/DS were disappointed by this years Nintendo keynote?

I´m very happy...a Metroid game + 2 Mario adventures..only the gaming journalists are disappointed, they´re jumping all over Natal like excited rabbits.

that´s what I think. some people just nag too much

What was there to be disappointed about from Nintendo at this E3 showing, unless you are a Nintendo hater.

Around the Network

Some people will never be satisfied..So, fuck em. The constant bitching though is getting annoying. I'd rather the rest of the gaming media do like G4 or Gameinformer, just continue to ignore it. Instead of writing some bull shit about how "I used to love Nintendo but now they lost me" shtick...as for the OP, I'm a huge Metroid fan so that was it for me. Galaxy 2? Cool, first one was really fun. And NSMB looks like a raquet.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

largedarryl said:
What was there to be disappointed about from Nintendo at this E3 showing, unless you are a Nintendo hater.

They had that Vitality sensor which I guess isn't really anything to be upset about but it gives you plenty to be skeptical about.  Other than that though, I think they had a pretty incredible show and ended with what I think was the biggest announcement of all three of the keynotes.

people made the make mistake of judging the conference and not the games. a good test for people who hated nintendo's E3 is to ask them if they know what monada and span smasher are. if they dont then they arnt really qualified to comment

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

yes. no matter what nintendo announces. people just love to hate nintendo. I for one thought that it was the best. and felt pity for microsoft and sony because they have to go and make their own motion because they noticed that their formula wasnt working. after all they mocked the wiimote. I tought sony´s controller was speacially embarrasing because they had said that they were not interested in gimmicks at the beginning of the generation.

twesterm said:
What people that actually own a Wii/DS and are interested in their Wii/DS were disappointed by this years Nintendo keynote?

While the conference was better than last year, the Wii didn't blow anyone away this year. I own a wii and I saw 3 games I'd like to play the entire conference. (Metroid, Mario Bros, Wii sports resort)

Considering the weak 3rd party support, this usually means that there will be about 5-6 nintendo wii games worth playing till next e3.

I dont see how a Wii only gamer will be please with that.