By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 3 UK launch fails to fire (Allegedly)

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/09/26/halo_3_uk_launch/

Highly subjective article, with a one store sample and that store opened later than most (8am rather than midnight) 

I don't doubt the UK will sell out of Halo 3, but perhaps its selling slower than the other side of the pond? 

Around the Network

The ban on the midnight launch in London is the reason. Midnight, you can get the game. 8AM, you're at school or work.

To busy playing Super Paper Mario maybe.

(Just kidding)

Halo? Never heard of it. Is it a new crisps flavor?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

No midnight launch killed the ability to just go in and buy one.

No one was buying/playing Halo3 that early even in the US on Sept. 25th execpt a scant few - why any different in the UK?

Give it a day or two to actually tally the numbers.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Well I see that instead of it having America numbers. It will have numbers that are good in the coming days. Europeans can't resist Halo 3.

Faxanadu said:
Halo? Never heard of it. Is it a new crisps flavor?

I think it's  a drink.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

This is the only article I could find suggesting UK sales numbers:

Retail reports 'record breaking' Halo 3 sales

... from gamesindustry.biz

I'm really looking forward to seeing actual numbers for every territory. I hope MS decides to release them at some point. 

just go to japan i bet you can find lots of copies there

I was just about to link to the same story scotland yard did until I got to the end of the thread and noticed it already posted. The game appears to be doing very well in the UK dispite the ban on several major stores opening at midnight.