By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSP Slim in Japan - 250k sold in first 3 days.

The new PSP has apparently sold 250k over the first 3 days since it's official release from 21st September to 23rd September.  In addition to this, around 76k Crisis Core PSP slim packs were sold the previous week meaning that since it's release the new PSP Slim has sold over 326k units in Japan.

Very good stuff!!

Source: IGN 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network

More great news for Sony.

Sounds pretty good. I'm not a fan of either handheld as handheld gaming really isn't my thing but it would certainly be beneficial to see the PSP do a bit better to provide a bit more competition.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 

Sony ROCKS!

I'm one of the 250.000 buyers :D Got him, or her (Since it's a Rose Pink version) since yesterday. Am really proud of it. IMO much, much better than the older version.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

Impressive ! Much more than I've expected. It looks like I've made a right decision regards trading my old PSP. Soon I will enjoy the new one.

Does anyone know how much I would have to pay to basically upgrade my old PSP for the new Slim model in the UK.

Is there any shops that are doing this?

I know that you can pick up a 2nd hand PSP in certain game shops for around £100, and am interested if any games stores are doing the upgrade for a fee. 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

davygee said:

Does anyone know how much I would have to pay to basically upgrade my old PSP for the new Slim model in the UK.

I have no idea about shops but why not to sell your phat model on e-bay (in Poland Allegro is much more popular)? I've traded mine PSP (with PC cable, 64 mb msd (lol)) for 500 zl. The new one costs 669 zl in Poland so it's not a big deal - it costs me only 169 zl.

Is it just me or is the battery life longer? I've charged the battery yesterday used it for several hours and it still indicate to be full. I'm typing from my psp ha ha. On the WII it goes a 100 times faster even with remote :D

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

250k first three days? Then what are the weekly sales? 300k?

mM