Forums - Gaming Discussion - The price of modern warfare 2

Premium hd console games in the UK have a RRP of 49.99 pounds.  Retailers then usually put this down to about £39.99. This was how much I paid for cod4.

Modern warfare 2 is the first hd console game I have seen that has an RRP of 54.99 pounds! You have to admit (while it will sell a lot!) that is quite expensive for one game. It's probably down to the fact the IW can do it, due to the hype this game is getting, and so will do it! Any views?

(Also the pc version is rrp 49.99£ not 39.99 pounds!)

Around the Network

Yeah, I've noticed this, but I am willing to pay the extra £5 for such a good game

But for people who can barely afford a £40 game its quite unfair to raise the price to £45 or £50

Yeah, but it is very likely going to be game of the year

while I agree with you, it wouldnt matter for those people who couldnt afford it!

Around the Network

if it's more than $60 for the game I wont get it no matter how good it is

not a matter of money but principle

Munkeh111 said:
Yeah, I've noticed this, but I am willing to pay the extra £5 for such a good game

You're very sure of yourself.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
Munkeh111 said:

You're very sure of yourself.

There is very little they need to do to convince me of this. It is the sequel to Modern Warfare, which is one of my favourite games of all time